For the sake of tradition 2008 awards thread! (1 Viewer)

best drink right now: porter porter porter! moar poreter!
most fun gig attended this year: Inner T's and Mantua
looking forward to in 2009: Four Letter Word and Off With Their Heads in Bohs, La Fraction, Drumacanoo, Whexfurrd Fesht, more ROCK.
Best can: tuborg
Best thing to happen to Kerry this year: loads of rockabilly springing up over Killarney

You drinking now?
Nice one.

Ah no. Well last night like. This bottled Guinness stuff is viciously good. Real heavy though. Gonna start belting into again soon.

guinforeign.jpg

"This is the well-respected export stout from Guinness. It is a rich brown-black colour that doesn't show any signs of translucency even when held against a light. It has a thick, bubbly, rocky head with an aroma of heavy, treacley malt and cheesy hops. The palate is immediately steamrollered by an aggressive, tooth-tingling bitterness like thick, hopped malt extract, followed by an extremely treacley, smoky malt flavour with a tinge of sweetness. There is a chewy mouthfeel, which combined with the intense bitterness makes it quite a challenge to get through, especially towards the end of a session. Aftertaste is again severely bitter and malty. Clearly, subtlety was not a key consideration in the brewing of this beer. That said, it is a powerful, intense, memorable sledgehammer of a beer, impressive in its own right - a stout with balls."

gigs - juggling jugulars at bohs, moutpiece at moutpiece lp launch, bela emerson at liam mcgirls shed at the back of his pub, ballinamore, Inner Terrestrials at harrys bar sligo
album - moutpiece lp
fest - drumacanoo punx picnic, galway fest in june
drinks - good pints of guiness (at liam mcgirls pub, and other pubs) thatchers vintage cider 7.3% (not as good as merrydown silver top, but pretty close)
smoking - caramello morrocan hash........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
venues- the shed at liam mcgirls pub - a co op ran thing by folk including willy love Jones & natalia goblin bohs is always good, harrys bar sligo - for a one off gig, the rock bar, drumacanoo.
shit happening - losing coolera house as a venue at the start of the yeAR, due mainly to an idiot lobbing a glass at a window, other stuff I cant remember now, oh yeah the bastard bouncers chucking me out of butthole surfers, bastard bouncers not letting me into voodoo to that polish gig at start of year (cant remember the band name -KSU was it?), bastard bouncers in general
great find at the carbooty - the wurzels - I am a cider drinker 7"

cant think of owt else. lookin forward to loads for 2009 - there seems to be lots happening already - fair play and well done to all those getting their shit togethr, hopefully I get me shit together a bit more for sligo gigs again

cheers Jasper

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back