food/shit question (1 Viewer)

Diddles

HMB won't eat off a spoon the last couple of days. I don't know what to feed him. He had broccoli florets and banana for his lunch today.

Also he's having some dreadful shits the last couple of days. The appearance and texture of packet vegetable soup. I've had to cut him out of a couple of vests and I think the smell off him is permanent now.

I need to get something substantial down him to bung him up but I don't think finger food will do the job.

help pls.

Apple sauce?
Mashed Potato with a bitta buttah DADDY'S IN FUCKING FRANCE BUYING FUCKING HORSES NOW JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP OK???

all the babbies have that bug, it's going round. I'd make sure he gets plenty of fluids Diddles. I've heard of some kids who have been hospitalised. Both of our youngest got it but they're both savages for food and kept eating anyway.

Banana and broccoli doesn't sound bad in fairness. How old is he, like 1yr old? So long as he's getting something into his system, that's the main thing. Maybe makes stuff more tasty. I threw some hummus into our little one's spuds/vegetable mush there a few days ago and she horsed it back, she loved it, because of the strong taste I guess. Stuff like porridge, bit of maple syrup does the trick.

In this economic climate Daddy would be more likely be buying horses by the metric Ton, and having them shipped back Laois to be rendered down for dog food, Tesco pate and glycerine.

Well, at that age he might want to hold the spoon himself, let him have a go and he might feed himself!

Then give him a taco with extra fries, see how he gets on with that.

So long as he's getting something into his system, that's the main thing. Maybe makes stuff more tasty. I threw some hummus into our little one's spuds/vegetable mush there a few days ago and she horsed it back, she loved it, because of the strong taste I guess. Stuff like porridge, bit of maple syrup does the trick.

I heard that alright. Babies have (from our point of view) very low demands calorie wise. As long as he is hydrated he will be ok in the short term, till his little poo tract gets its shit together.
Even a bit of fruit juice in his drinks, keep the energy coming in.

So, you babies liked strong tastes snaky? I thought babies usually liked bland stuff. And apple sauce.
I'll make a note of that one.

Snakybus is right, keep getting fluids into him.
He should be old enough for dioralites but check with the chemist.
maybe keep fruit drinks to a minimum, as he's pooing so much the acids might give him a sore bum and just make things worse.

I heard that alright. Babies have (from our point of view) very low demands calorie wise. As long as he is hydrated he will be ok in the short term, till his little poo tract gets its shit together.
Even a bit of fruit juice in his drinks, keep the energy coming in.

So, you babies liked strong tastes snaky? I thought babies usually liked bland stuff. And apple sauce.

Apple sauce is sweet, so y'know. Hummus probably shouldn't be recommended on account of the fact that it has salt in it (very bad for babies!) Yeah, bland-ish things like melon and avocado, that stuff is all good, but the way I figured it, try things out. Also, our little one is a savage cabbage, she'll chow down on most things.

Avocado is very schmeart altogether.
Squashable, loads of energy, veggie, bitta fat.

We can make guacamole with the rest of it. Sound.

Oh yeah. I like that one.

He'll usually eat most things. He eats tinned mackerel and loves avocado with natural yoghurt.

He wouldn't eat his porridge this morning but he ate a load of french toast so hopefully the egg will sort him out.

I gave him the spoon to feed himself but it was a disaster.

I think he does have a little bit of a bug alright. But he just ate some mashed potato and strawberries there so he's not completely off his food or anything. And he's in good form.

He's not great at drinking diluted juice or much water. I don't give him juice at all now. He has about an ounce of water with lunch and drowns himself with the rest.

The shitting thing though. It's the stuff of nightmares. It was up to his armpits earlier and then got all over his face and hair when I was changing him. :(

I think the bland tastes thing is a myth, like the way middle-class mothers think they only like classical music. Isabelle ate more-or-less anything when she was a baby, didn't start getting picky until she was 2 or so

Why so curious flashback? Got one on the way?

Aye. All going well there'll be a flashbaby entering the world in around three months.

So far we have got :
One pushchair thing,
One car seat,
A rake of clothes,
5 Gallons of paint for "the babies room" (formerly "my office"),
One pregnant wife.

I'm 99% of the way there I'd say.

cat-bag.jpg

A couple of my closest confidants knew about it already.
I was saving the big Thumped announcement until the time was just right.

I felt Diddles HMB poo poo problems thread was that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back