Food left on the stove or in the oven (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
This seems to be a common thing here. Cooking dinner, leaving on the cooker in the pot to heat up the next day. Roasting meat, covering it with tin foil and that's that. Is this safe? It totally freaks me out and I want to put everything in the refrigerator.

In the fridge, unless you actually like rancid food.

This seems to be a common thing here. Cooking dinner, leaving on the cooker in the pot to heat up the next day. Roasting meat, covering it with tin foil and that's that. Is this safe? It totally freaks me out and I want to put everything in the refrigerator.
Nah it's grand food isn't going to spoil in one day. Besides the air makes stuff like tomatoes and cheese taste way better.

Plus proper stew and the likes just isn't going to fit in the fridge.

Pain in the hole when you forget you left something in the oven though. I did it with a mushroom yoke there recently. Preheating the oven to cook Pizza smelt like the end of the world.

Depends on the dish, but i figure its a huge waste of energy to put something hot in the fridge when its going to cool itself naturally. There have been often times you could freeze stuff on the counter in my gaff too.

Depends on the dish, but i figure its a huge waste of energy to put something hot in the fridge when its going to cool itself naturally. There have been often times you could freeze stuff on the counter in my gaff too.
It's pretty bad for your fridge and the food in it that does actually need to be refrigerated. Yeah it depends on the food but c'mon what is genuinely going to go south in 24 hours

Fish. Is that it ?

A day or two is usually fine. All depends on the temperature though, of course.
Something with bones in it will go off quicker.

Fridge is probably best, obv.

Any dishes from warmer climes are seasoned to preserve the food in warm climes. i.e. curried meats, spiced meats etc. That was the point of them.

Any dishes from warmer climes are seasoned to preserve the food in warm climes. i.e. curried meats, spiced meats etc. That was the point of them.
So that includes italian or spanish food or ....wait what the fuck am I talking about ? Every fucking food is from a warmer climate than Ireland. Except nordic food , which no one in their right mind would eat in the first place.

So Fish still has to go in the fridge though right ?

A day or two is usually fine. All depends on the temperature though, of course.
Something with bones in it will go off quicker.

Fridge is probably best, obv.
Nah, tomatoes dude, think of those lovely oxidising (I think that's the term) tomatoes and cheeses. To be honest I think Pizza is nearly better after a night in it's box. Never in the fridge though. Rubbery and wrong.

I always put it away mostly because I live with other people, and its kind of jerky to leave stuff out/used/unwashed, plus it also grosses me out.

i leave em out until theyve cooled enough to transfer to some tupperware and pop in the fridge. this might be overnight or whatever but id always take into account the temperature of the kitchen / is it fuckin roastin out or whatever. ordinarily its not

i leave em out until theyve cooled enough to transfer to some tupperware and pop in the fridge. this might be overnight or whatever but id always take into account the temperature of the kitchen / is it fuckin roastin out or whatever. ordinarily its not
Yeah, I always wait for things to cool down naturally but then it's straight to the refrigerator.

Pizza, in a box over night, no problem. I agree, it's better that way but a roasted slab of beef? For like two days on the counter under tin foil? It goes against my every instinct. I'd rather pull it out, cut some slices and let them reach room temperature before eating them than leave the whole thing out for two days.

Yeah, I always wait for things to cool down naturally but then it's straight to the refrigerator.

Pizza, in a box over night, no problem. I agree, it's better that way but a roasted slab of beef? For like two days on the counter under tin foil? It goes against my every instinct. I'd rather pull it out, cut some slices and let them reach room temperature before eating them than leave the whole thing out for two days.

i would leave beef out one night only and into the fridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back