Food Glorious Food (1 Viewer)

one more thing... can we have a food forum where we exchange recipes? i went looking for a recipe someone posted here ages ago and couldn't fine it for the life of me... petey poops?

aoifed said:
a fair wack of ginger

See? I put ginger in most soups actually. It's a wonderful wonderful food.

On the whole stuffed peppers thing. I love them. I love them stuffed to the brim and still slightly crunchy. They're one of my newest staples. Here's a kindof recipe that I do:

1.Cook up a grain in a bit of stock: quinoa, millet, buckwheat or brown rice
2. Fry sesame/sunflower/pumpkin seeds, finely chopped mushrooms (chestnut, not button), tomatoes, parsely, chillies,whatever veggies (always chopped real fine), fresh herbs or seasoning takes your fancy, in loads and loads of butter.
3. Drain the grain and throw it in the fry up and chuck in some cheese of some sort if you like it
4. slice of the lid of the pepper, de core the thing, slather it in olive oil and stuff it like a (insert bold word here).
(If theres any stuffing left over, I eat it with a spoon)
5. Stick it in the oven for a while, say 20 minutes at 200c.

I wonder if Pete could invent a 'yum yum' icon, just for this thread?

Et voila.
yum yum yum.

aoifed said:
aoifed said:
a fair wack of ginger
See? I put ginger in most soups actually. It's a wonderful wonderful food.
now he sees it. it's so nice, you can pretty much fry up fresh ginger, garlic and chilis, mix in some shrooms, fill the pot with water, add some spuds and carrots and cook til the veggies are the way you like them. it's amazing soup and really good for you. beans make the soup even nicer. and lot of black pepper. and some nice bread. oh sweet jesus.... i need to eat. we should seriously have cook-overs!!! the chili cook-off, i'd love that to happen. and stuff like that. you could all come over to my house and cook for me and i'd let you all sleep in my bed and it would be the coolest ever.

aoifed said:
(If theres any stuffing left over, I eat it with a spoon)
ahhh, so sweet. :)

aoifed said:
I wonder if Pete could invent a 'yum yum' icon, just for this thread?
those of a sensitive nature should probably avoid entering "yum" into google image search

jane said:
I direct you to the reason this thread was started.

I agree! Food board! Cheese board! Yum yum yum!

Please?
i was thinking that just a 'food' board might be a bit restrictive, and i was thinking maybe some other title that would encompass food and stuff, but maybe also include other stuff that crops up from time to time like that depression thread, oh and i'd like to include ie-furniture related issues in there too

any suggestions? maybe a lifestyle board, named in honour of the wonderful 1980's satellite channel for ladies of leisure?

lifestyle.jpg

i'm only half not serious

Yeah I reckon a board specifically for food could get neglected.
A board about grub, depression and furniture and how they might possibly be intrinsically linked......ahem.

Was the !cheezy originally supposed to be 'yum yum'? Because if it was I'd like to steal it back from meaning cheesey or good or crap or whatever other meaning has usurped it.

aoifed said:
a stock cube
If you don't want to make your own stock (meat and fish stocks are easy and really worth it) Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder is your only man - IMHO a zintillion times nicer than any stock cube I've ever tried, even the fancy ones.

Delia Smith says " This is without doubt an ingredient that has revolutionised modern cooking."
I'm not always 100% keen on Delia's recipes, but the Marigold powder is great

egg_ said:
If you don't want to make your own stock (meat and fish stocks are easy and really worth it) Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder is your only man - IMHO a zintillion times nicer than any stock cube I've ever tried, even the fancy ones.

Delia Smith says " This is without doubt an ingredient that has revolutionised modern cooking."
I'm not always 100% keen on Delia's recipes, but the Marigold powder is great
It is for handy hints like this that intercommunication rules.|..| . I have issues with finding good vegetarian stock and I really can't be arsed making it. Do you reckon you could get it Tescos or Dunnes (or the like)?

aoifed said:
Do you reckon you could get it Tescos or Dunnes (or the like)?
Hmmm I don't know ... it's not that hard to get but I dunno about the big supermarkets. The Dublin Food Co-op usually has it, also you'd probably find it in most fancy-ish delis, places that sell parma ham and the like

pete said:
any suggestions? maybe a lifestyle board, named in honour of the wonderful 1980's satellite channel for ladies of leisure?
A board for grown-up stuff like numbers for electricians and plumbers and what is the best health cover to get.
Seriously.. it'd be well handy.

egg_ said:

i second that. makes killer soup!

jane said:
Actually, I do need the number of a trustworthy electrician who works on the south side.
what do you need doing? my brother in law is an electrician...

jane said:
Actually, I do need the number of a trustworthy electrician who works on the south side.
What's wrong with your house?

Here's a load of me ladyballs: the soup in the college canteen is made with meat stock, everyday nearly. I always ask whether it's vegetarian or not anyway, to get my point across. The silly lady who looks like she should be in fair city keeps saying.... 'ah love, you know it's the same answer everyday' and gets cross with me when I say...'well will you check anyway, you never know', me looking forlorn. Then she feels bad. Never changes.
The soup in the other canteen on the other hand, is always vegetarian. A bowl of salt is definitely vegetarian right? :mad:

aoifed said:
What's wrong with your house?

Here's a load of me ladyballs: the soup in the college canteen is made with meat stock, everyday nearly. I always ask whether it's vegetarian or not anyway, to get my point across. The silly lady who looks like she should be in fair city keeps saying.... 'ah love, you know it's the same answer everyday' and gets cross with me when I say...'well will you check anyway, you never know', me looking forlorn. Then she feels bad. Never changes.
The soup in the other canteen on the other hand, is always vegetarian. A bowl of salt is definitely vegetarian right? :mad:
my boss is vegetarian, she goes through the same thing every day in the canteen where i work. every now and again, there's some *edible* which she can eat which is vege and she's gets all happy. but most days she just eats chips and ketchup and whimpers. it's not fair.

pete said:
what do you need doing? my brother in law is an electrician...
Okay, Hag is going to laugh at me because I have yet to get this sorted out, so petrified am I of being swindled, but the light in my bathroom is busted. It's one of those pull-cord things, and something about the clicky bit is broken. I think the whole mechanism needs replacing. It's a fairly simple job, but because the thing is connected to the mains, I need an electrician to do it.

Does he work on the south side? Or know someone who does? That would totally rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back