Fontaines DC (1 Viewer)

Well i'm not up to date on every band from Ireland/Dublin but for me Pillow Queens are the Dublin band who really represent what its like to come from the shitty suburbs of Dublin, even if everyone else just wants to talk about the lesbian angle. Could never see Fontaines writing a song like Rats or Ragin'.

I think Lankum are class and musically brilliant and deserve to sell out Madison Square Garden and all but their DuBLiN sTrEEt MIscrEanT thing is as much an act as Fontaines.

Dublin folk miscreants.

Well i'm not up to date on every band from Ireland/Dublin but for me Pillow Queens are the Dublin band who really represent what its like to come from the shitty suburbs of Dublin, even if everyone else just wants to talk about the lesbian angle. Could never see Fontaines writing a song like Rats or Ragin'.

I think Lankum are class and musically brilliant and deserve to sell out Madison Square Garden and all but their DuBLiN sTrEEt MIscrEanT thing is as much an act as Fontaines.

I really like the Pillow Queens.

I still haven't listened to Lankum. One of my brothers told me the album was amazing and starts off with a droney 8 minute version of The Wild Rover. I thought well it's either one or the other. He didn't really sell it to me.

Speaking of folk miscreants, I love the Scratch's new album

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is marvellous. Never heard of them. Deadly

Sounds pure late 90s, like Placebo or someone. The Turn revival starts here!

For once, i'll allow the Whipping Boy comparisons because it's dreary as fuck.

Not sure about how its mixed at all, think it coulda been a lot nicer. Its a bit more aiden gillen which is development.

c://heartwormcover.bmp
//run: photoshop
//colourpicker.exe
run
//pastecolour

I think Too Real sounds really really like this in a few places
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’d say they may have influenced them but then they’d have to conceded there were actually other bands in Ireland preceding them

Fontaines were just on Other Voices there, not that I have a TV or anything, and I never realised that they have a song which is just a complete and blatant ripoff of Sally Maclennane by The Pogues. I guess this is for all the non-Irish people that might listen to them and think oh isn't that original or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back