Fontaines DC (3 Viewers)

It doesn't have to, I don't think (although I may be wrong) that anyone lectured Imelda May about misrepresenting the Liberties with her rockabilly, but the Fontaines DC clearly want people to hear them and immediately know where they're from*.

*Spain.
Imelda May is from The Liberties?! You'd think she'd have mentioned that once or twice

I still don't see much wrong with that quote. Who were the last successful Irish band who sang in Irish accents that might excite your average 20 year old?

It seems these guys didn't have to do a degree in music history wiki-ing to make some good tunes.

I remember The Number 1's had a huge (now deleted after a rebranding) piece on Pitchfork a few years back, really looked like they were going to get somewhere for a sec.

Artistically yeah, but if you were 18 right now you'd probably have heard of Hozier but not The Blades

Still not looking very far if they think diddley aye or Girls Names.

(I'm just being argumentative for the hell of it,I don't care,it's already gone deeper than I intended)

OOOH

the glam guys. The Struts.

I don't love them, I just want them to live out their glam life with a bit of a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back