Fontaines DC (2 Viewers)

Yes. That would of course assume that the press in Ireland who write about music are interested or capable of exercising some sort of criticality as opposed to simply acting as a branch of the PR industry though. I never imagined I'd miss Jim Carroll but y'know...

From what i've read/heard a mentality has kinda developed around it where if they don't like something they don't write about it at all rather than write a critique. The reasons being that Ireland is awful small and its hard to avoid people in general. I kinda understand it but i'm also like, way to develop a non analytical synaptic network.

They are all over the place WTF.

isnt BIMM just making the next generation of BIMM teachers? For the lucky ones at least. Little shits all being better at guitar than me is also annoying.

They are all over the place WTF.

isnt BIMM just making the next generation of BIMM teachers? For the lucky ones at least. Little shits all being better at guitar than me is also annoying.
It definitely looks like a way of churning out new industrial cogs into the system.

They have BIMM in London, Brighton, Manchester etc... If you look through the tutors there's quiet a few familiar names from the britpop era and beyond.

From what i've read/heard a mentality has kinda developed around it where if they don't like something they don't write about it at all rather than write a critique. The reasons being that Ireland is awful small and its hard to avoid people in general. I kinda understand it but i'm also like, way to develop a non analytical synaptic network.
same. I even remember a Norman Records mailout where they mentioned they were basically abused for saying they didn't like something. They don't really do reviews anymore, just one line quips trying to sum up what the album is/is like.

Just having a listen on spotify. Minor complaint, they've re- recorded the singles or at least the two I'm most famIliar with, liberty Belle & boys in the better land. I'm more used to the original single versions. They sound better recorded & produced than the album versions IMHO.

The single

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The album

the intros of

and

are the same(ish)

the intros of

and

are the same(ish)

I hear it but it's hardly original in the first place. Pass.

Hurricane Laughter intro keeps threatening to break into Caught by the Fuzz

But then doesn't : (

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back