Fontaines DC (13 Viewers)

Wow they should like decide whats on the leaving cert that everyone in the country does or something for this outstanding discovery of a fringe artist.

Apparently he's off the syllabus these days so maybe they are bringing the pride of Monaghan back to the youth.

I see that Brendan Kennelly has been added, his brother taught me English in 4th and 5th year, and used to like telling us stories of Kavanagh being a bollocks but he was clearly a fan, I wonder how he took his big brother replacing him.

They're right about Paddy Kavenagh though. Good poems.
He was my favourite poet for the leaving - him and the Kubla Khan guy, what was his name? Ah Coleridge.

Fucking Raglan Road though. I used to love that song, and sing it, but now I can't get past the outrageous narcissism of the thing

Paddy Kavanagh said:
When the angel woos the clay/He'd lose his wings at the dawn of day
Like he's the angel, and this girl 20 years younger than him that he's mooning after is the clay. Fuck's sake Paddy, cop yourself on

I had the idea to rewrite the lyrics from the woman's perspective - get some young wan to sing it, would defo be a hit in Ireland. Haven't got anywhere with it yet though, his poetry is just too fucking good to go up against

I had the idea to rewrite the lyrics from the woman's perspective - get some young wan to sing it, would defo be a hit in Ireland. Haven't got anywhere with it yet though, his poetry is just too fucking good to go up against

I was working on more or less the same thing with my significantly younger than me ex. Then she dumped my ass so I am the fucking angel. Stupid sexy clay.

He was my favourite poet for the leaving - him and the Kubla Khan guy, what was his name? Ah Coleridge.

Fucking Raglan Road though. I used to love that song, and sing it, but now I can't get past the outrageous narcissism of the thing

Like he's the angel, and this girl 20 years younger than him that he's mooning after is the clay. Fuck's sake Paddy, cop yourself on

Whole load of freemasonic language an imagery in that poem that never seems to be discussed.

I gave her gifts of the mind, I gave her the secret sign
That's known to the artists who have known the true gods of sound and stone
And word and tint without stint for I gave her poems to say
With her own name there and her own dark hair like clouds over fields of May

Pretty obvious.

You'd have to know it to see it.

Whole load of freemasonic language an imagery in that poem that never seems to be discussed.
Whoa! I never knew any of that ... considered joining the masons once just out of curiosity, but their only condition of entry is you have to believe in a higher power, and it seemed like bad form to pretend that I did

Whoa! I never knew any of that ... considered joining the masons once just out of curiosity, but their only condition of entry is you have to believe in a higher power, and it seemed like bad form to pretend that I did

and be a man (of good standing in your community). But apparently not hard to get in to a lodge in Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
  • egg_
  • Unicron
  • Anthony
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back