Folk Horror (1 Viewer)

Yeah. I can't find any trace of this goat man film, which is almost impossible in the internet age. How would they get a separate soundtrack for such a rare film?. & that goatman font looks suspicious. Its someone doing music for an imaginary film.

I have recently picked up an official reissue of First Utterance by Comus. I had listened to it years ago online. Remember really liking it but never went back to it. Must have listened to it ten times in the last week, the soundtrack to Ophelia for me. Fucking hell, what a masterpiece. And surely what could be classed as a folk horror record, in both sound and lyrical content. any others out there?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have recently picked up an official reissue of First Utterance by Comus. I had listened to it years ago online. Remember really liking it but never went back to it. Must have listened to it ten times in the last week, the soundtrack to Ophelia for me. Fucking hell, what a masterpiece. And surely what could be classed as a folk horror record, in both sound and lyrical content. any others out there?

It's a magnificent album, very much in the vein of The Wicker Man or some of Arthur Machen's short stories. Did you ever listen to the EP they did when they reformed? It's called Out of the Coma, it's obviously not going to be a patch on First Utterence but it's worth listening to online at least. I remember one or two of the tracks nearly hitting the same highs.

It's a magnificent album, very much in the vein of The Wicker Man or some of Arthur Machen's short stories. Did you ever listen to the EP they did when they reformed? It's called Out of the Coma, it's obviously not going to be a patch on First Utterence but it's worth listening to online at least. I remember one or two of the tracks nearly hitting the same highs.
fantastic. I have not. But I will check it out.
Sad to read that the 2nd album doesn't touch the heights of First Utterance.
this live version of The Herald is mind blowing. She absolutely nails the vocals.

fantastic. I have not. But I will check it out.
Sad to read that the 2nd album doesn't touch the heights of First Utterance.
this live version of The Herald is mind blowing. She absolutely nails the vocals.

Yeah, I have the double CD with both albums and the singles from the time. The second album is just a generic 70s folk rock album (I think it was Comus in name only, most of the members had gone off to their own thing). It's not bad but it's really not great.

As for them live, I was lucky enough to see them live a few years ago and they were incredible. It was hard to imagine them being any different from the time they recorded the album.

Yeah, I have the double CD with both albums and the singles from the time. The second album is just a generic 70s folk rock album (I think it was Comus in name only, most of the members had gone off to their own thing). It's not bad but it's really not great.

As for them live, I was lucky enough to see them live a few years ago and they were incredible. It was hard to imagine them being any different from the time they recorded the album.
where and when? that clip above is from ten years ago, would imagine that voice might not be able to hit those notes ten years on. would love to see that album performed live nonetheless. as far as I can see they don't play live dates too often/haven't in a while.

where and when? that clip above is from ten years ago, would imagine that voice might not be able to hit those notes ten years on. would love to see that album performed live nonetheless. as far as I can see they don't play live dates too often/haven't in a while.
It would have been 2010 I think? It was a Current 93 thing in London, Current 93 played two nights in a row with support from Nurse With Wound, Comus, Simon Finn, Ramleh III and These New Puritans (different supports each night).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back