Folk Horror (1 Viewer)

flashback

A folk horror wrapped up in an archive film, set to a soundtrack by Adrian Utley (Portishead) and Will Gregory (Goldfrapp), and in cinemas UK-wide from 21 June http://www.bfi.org.uk/whats-on/bfi-fi...

Scouring 100 years of archive footage, BAFTA-winner Paul Wright constructs an exhilarating study of the British people’s shifting — and contradictory — relationship to the land. The film goes on a sensory, visceral journey through the contrasting seasons, taking in folk carnivals and fetes, masked parades, water divining, and harvesting. Set to a grand, expressive new score from Adrian Utley (Portishead) and Will Gregory (Goldfrapp) alongside folk music from the likes of Anne Briggs, Wright’s captivating film essay captures the beauty and brutality, and the magic and madness of rural Britain.

Holy shit this looks amazing.

Missed this completely.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I've been binge watching this series. Some are great some less so. This one was particularly enjoyable, featuring a lot of familiar faces and folk horror tropes.

dunderhead

I've been binge watching this series. Some are great some less so. This one was particularly enjoyable, featuring a lot of familiar faces and folk horror tropes.

This series often turns up on here in some form. Whenever it does always have to give a kudos to @nlgbbbblth . Bought the dvd set after a recommendation from him years ago. It can be hit or miss but when it’s hit it’s brilliant. Some great episodes that hit the folk horror boxes

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
i made this rejoice GIF

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Its fucking amazing. I'm off school with bad eczema all over again ..scratching and watching telly in Kilmore West ..on the communal aeriel aka THE PIPE

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
The wonderful Robin Redbreast, for those who haven't seen it

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

The Residents
The Button Factory
Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads