Folk Horror (1 Viewer)

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Picked it up yesterday. Few chapters in. Liking the atmosphere and setting so far. Watched this earlier, have the Beasts DVD set for a couple of years but found them hit or miss so hadn't watched one or two episodes . This is a bonus feature on the set. Thought it was very good. Rural northern folk suspect occult shenanigans on their doorstep

I just watched this. Genuinely unnerving. I was afraid to look over my shoulder!
Got a shiver down my spine at one stage.

Living in the country probably helps

10/10

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads

This painting by John Atkinson Grimshaw looks like the witches house in Murrain..a bit

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
"autumn"

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Night of the Eagle (aka Burn Witch Burn). I watched this last night. A cool UK horror reminiscent of Night of the Demon. It also features Mr. Meek, the medium from Night of the Demon in a small role. burn.jpg night.jpg

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I finally got to see Midsommar, and also November over the weekend.

I'd really been looking forward to Midsommar and opted for the director's cut over the cinema release. I'm not sure if that was wise. I liked it a lot; it looked beautiful and I loved the premise but it seemed over-long and a bit predictable. The ending felt strangely limp I thought. I will come back to it and watch the cinema release soon.

I didn't know anything about November apart from some images I saw online. Initially I was like "what the hell is this?" but once I got my head around it I really enjoyed it. It's quirky and strange and grim and horrific . It looks amazing too.

IMG_20191112_140350.jpg

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I finally got to see Midsommar, and also November over the weekend.

I'd really been looking forward to Midsommar and opted for the director's cut over the cinema release. I'm not sure if that was wise. I liked it a lot; it looked beautiful and I loved the premise but it seemed over-long and a bit predictable. The ending felt strangely limp I thought. I will come back to it and watch the cinema release soon.

I didn't know anything about November apart from some images I saw online. Initially I was like "what the hell is this?" but once I got my head around it I really enjoyed it. It's quirky and strange and grim and horrific . It looks amazing too.

View attachment 13220
Did you watch them in your car?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads