Fleet Foxes in Vicar Street (1 Viewer)

That was the best gig I've been at in years. Unbelievable musicians and singers. Good humoured bunch too.

.|..|.|..|.|..|

Included a version of Two Headed Boy.

saw them last yr in vicar st too and it was the best gig ive been to in yrs!
who would have thought, folkies with a sparkling sense of humour!?!
:D

Caught the gig last night too. It was quite good. I can't really get too excited about it. The band were superb - very tight, impeccable harmonies and musicianship and most of the songs were great. The album is a little too polished and dull for my tastes but the songs really make it in a live setting (and they need a big room too, I saw them in Whelans and they were better suited to Vicar St.), so they're worth seeing. The new songs sounded very good too. Catchier, more rock, less folkie. I wonder will album number 2 be a more commercial LP.

Anyone else think the lead guitarist is the most bored looking musician ever? I mean there's looking cool and aloof and then there's looking plain fed-up. Does he not like playing live or something?

J.Tillmans a funny fucker

This was diddly. Had missed all their other Irish gigs (only heard of them the day after Whelans - same with Beach House who were supporting). They were a lot funnier and more confident than I was expecting.

Robin Pecknold is a talented bastard.

The "Vicar St wags" in the crowd got on my tits though.

Loved the gig last night. Saw them in the picnic the night before and they were fantastic but you cant compare it to Vicar street.

The only thing that got on my tits was the idiot beside me who kept insisting on shouting up at them.

Went to this last night, they were really really excellent. Fantastic musicians and a well paced set. Lead singer has some voice, though he was getting a wee bit throaty at the end. and also very humourous guys too.

Went to this last night, they were really really excellent. Fantastic musicians and a well paced set. Lead singer has some voice, though he was getting a wee bit throaty at the end. and also very humourous guys too.

Nice to see you got a ticket. Saw your post in the small ads spot.:)
There were lots of heads there last night looking for spare tickets.

Yeah, lots of shouters, but it wasn't so bad. The young one that squealed up "I want to be ON you" was standing in front of me. She was delighted with herself. Her boyfriend grinned, but looked a bit put out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back