Fishing (1 Viewer)

Nah. Just tore out to the coast on a whim with a mate of mine, fishing of the rocks. A pair of old escapees from the Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking festival came down a nearly fell into the sea. All in all a very enjoyable afternoon.

Been fishing a few times. Last time we actually caught a fish..... what do we do now??? argh young fella bawled crying when we (by we I mean my wife) had to kill it. It was traumatic.

Ever since I became squeamish about murderising them once I'd caught them, I had to stop. I was 11. I still like ating them, though,

Caught two pollock and an eel at the weekend, but had to fling 'em back in because they were only bitty.

It's a great way to stare out at the sea for a few hours without looking like a mentalist.

you're in the perfect place for sea fishing franco! short enough drives away from all kinds of crazy cliff fishing and whatnot.

I went fishing a lot when I was young but I wasn't very good at it. all the shitty rivers around where I grew up were mostly brown rubbish, sediment, shit and eel filled tributaries into the shannon. my enduring childhood fishing memory is watching my neighbour bashing an eel's head off a rock for about ten minutes. then we brought it home and he fed it to the dog. ???

actually, I went conger eel fishing off cobh when I was about 12 with my da and a load of his work buddies. fearsome looking bastards (the eels). everyone else was pulling up conger eels all over the place. I caught a fucking sea urchin!

a few weeks ago i brought some kids fishing, i was showing one of the girls how to put maggots on the hook but must have been squeezing it a bit, some ok the juice got the kids mouth (which thankfully was closed), she freaked out and got sick then i got sick, everyone started screaming, not much fun. fuckin hate fishing.

a few weeks ago i brought some kids fishing, i was showing one of the girls how to put maggots on the hook but must have been squeezing it a bit, some ok the juice got the kids mouth (which thankfully was closed), she freaked out and got sick then i got sick, everyone started screaming, not much fun. fuckin hate fishing.
haha. reminds me of something horrible.. if you ever find the remains of a massive, maggot infested rat, do not drag it into the open, cover it with petrol and stand nearby.. unless you want to be showered in exploding maggot guts. :eek:

haha. reminds me of something horrible.. if you ever find the remains of a massive, maggot infested rat, do not drag it into the open, cover it with petrol and stand nearby.. unless you want to be showered in exploding maggot guts. :eek:
as hard as i might try, that'll be advice i never forget.

y

actually, I went conger eel fishing off cobh when I was about 12 with my da and a load of his work buddies. fearsome looking bastards (the eels). everyone else was pulling up conger eels all over the place. I caught a fucking sea urchin!

My da used to do this a lot, off Helvick head in Waterford. He once caught a poor octopus, brought the fucker home and put it in the sink - it climbed up the kitchen window, and refused to die. We all screamed so much he was made drive it back to the sea and throw it in. I'd say it, of course, had a long and fruitful life after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back