fish market? cheap fish? (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
am i crazy or is there a fish market somehwere in dublin that opens mad early in the morning and sells fish cheap? like it sells to restaurants and stuff...
i love fish but it's so expensive. essentially i'm looking for some cheap fish. fish fingers don't count. a nice bit of john dorey, monkfish, something like that... ok, even cod or salmon. anything. but not fish fingers. if anyone posts a link to a tesco's fish fingers offer, i'll dock the fuck out of you.

hag said:
am i crazy or is there a fish market somehwere in dublin that opens mad early in the morning and sells fish cheap? like it sells to restaurants and stuff...
i love fish but it's so expensive. essentially i'm looking for some cheap fish. fish fingers don't count. a nice bit of john dorey, monkfish, something like that... ok, even cod or salmon. anything. but not fish fingers. if anyone posts a link to a tesco's fish fingers offer, i'll dock the fuck out of you.

i'll get more details for you hag, but there's a place like that at howth harbour i think.

das nugs said:
i'll get more details for you hag, but there's a place like that at howth harbour i think.
that'd be perfect as i live near there... so long as it's not beshoffs or the others fish shop out there who are both mad expensive. buying straight from the fishermen, oh yes please. i can do this in dingle and it works out better for everyone.

52111455_241b1155c2_m.jpg

18p? Cheep at twice the price.

Nice one! Gonna check out that Kish place ....

On a similar note: where can you go in Dublin to eat decent seafood? I dont mean posh restaurants but you know the kind of place where you could have a pint of Guinness in the bar and a plate of prawns or calamari or chowder? There's tons of these places in Connemara or Donegal etc but are there any decent ones near Dublin?

hugh said:
Nice one! Gonna check out that Kish place ....

On a similar note: where can you go in Dublin to eat decent seafood? I dont mean posh restaurants but you know the kind of place where you could have a pint of Guinness in the bar and a plate of prawns or calamari or chowder? There's tons of these places in Connemara or Donegal etc but are there any decent ones near Dublin?

Stoop your head in skerries and the purty kitchen in dun laoghaire do good chowders and sea food

The purty kitchen has been distinctly average of late, and the service is fucking atrocious. I suggest you holla at Cavistons in Glasthule instead, given the choice.

im gonna attempt garlic, chilli and salted prawns this weekend..anyone got any tips or suggestion?

we could nearly do with a cooking help thread i suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back