First-Timer for Amsterdam (1 Viewer)

travispickle

Hit me up - what to see / do (leaving out smokin caffs). Good spots for records/markets and the like?

Planning on going early July.

Cheers

.|..|

hey, here's some of the places i visited last year. cool city.

Albert Cuypmarkt (open air market)
Nine Streets shopping district
Record Mania
Bloemenmarkt (flower market)
Secret Canal Tours @ St. Nicholaas Boat Club
Brouwerij't IJ (microbrewery)

Eat a Falafel at Maoz (numerous locations)

Find a good Indonesian and eat a Rijsttafel

If you're into beer do not miss this place: http://www.indewildeman.nl/index.php?lang=en

Lots of great museums, Rijksmuseum was amazing the first few times I went there, but last time most of it was closed and I felt a bit cheated.

Gigs in the Paradiso/Melkweg

Hit me up - what to see / do (leaving out smokin caffs). Good spots for records/markets and the like?

Planning on going early July.

Cheers

.|..|

Amsterdam is a great city, I would recommend Hill Street Blues bar which plays great music, pool and has a friendly atmosphere. Independent Outlet is a great record store that sells hardcore & punk records, CDs, skateboards, streetwear, zines and comics and the address: Vijzelstraat 77

Eat a Falafel at Maoz (numerous locations)

Find a good Indonesian and eat a Rijsttafel

If you're into beer do not miss this place: http://www.indewildeman.nl/index.php?lang=en

Lots of great museums, Rijksmuseum was amazing the first few times I went there, but last time most of it was closed and I felt a bit cheated.

Gigs in the Paradiso/Melkweg

Cheers Damien, that beer place looks like a must-see!

Amsterdam is a great city, I would recommend Hill Street Blues bar which plays great music, pool and has a friendly atmosphere. Independent Outlet is a great record store that sells hardcore & punk records, CDs, skateboards, streetwear, zines and comics and the address: Vijzelstraat 77

Nice one; thanks Anthem. Will deffo check out the record shop.

Going to check out a few of the places mentioned above. If anyone has any other info, feel free to share.

I'll bring Thumped back a souvenir.

never been to Amsterdam , thinking of heading over around easter.

looking into airbnbs, any suggestions for good neighbourhoods to base myself for a 4 or 5 nights?

looking to avoid loud/bustling nightspots to base myself in

looking into airbnbs, any suggestions for good neighbourhoods to base myself for a 4 or 5 nights?

The 9 Streets area is nice

Hey, did you see any hotel pricing?
Is it expensive in late March?

I haven't stayed here but if you're into camping them it's definitely a cheep option Zeeburg is not to far out and you can rent a bike there.

amsterdam-districts-map.jpg

Dam Square has some nice old and quite streets but maybe you could get something similar further out for cheaper which you'll prob spend some time in anyway the RLD is the most busy area. It's a lovely city but it can be a real labyrinth at first have a cherry beer in The Tara on Rokin St or a Heineken under the train station or somewhere.

Try Jenever at the Jenever Bar just off Dam Square. It closes early (I think 8pm) but it's a proper experience (and the drink, a whiskey-like precursor to gin is lovely).

I stayed in a hostel near that iamsterdam mark on the map there, and it was grand. About 35 minutes walk from the central train station, ish.
That's also right where the rijksmuseum and the van gogh museum are, I spent nearly 4 hours in the rijksmuseum and fuckin loved it, but I like that kind of thing.

Hey Dunder,
I stayed in this Air BnB a few years ago, a brilliant location, the owner is a DJ and producer and has a small turntable and vinyl available for guests. His apartment is about 10-15 mins on the tram from Dam SQ, in a really nice neighbourhood area.

I also stayed in the Holiday Inn at Sloterdijk Station last year, not far from the airport. About 15-20 mins into the main train station, and hotel location was great for transport links, for trains and the tram. It was a bit pricey though, but very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back