First ever self assessment - AFRAID! (1 Viewer)


New Member
Feb 25, 2007
So myself and a few friends started a company in 2009 but it only got incorporated in March 2010. I had done work for the company from September 2009 to March 2010 and during this time, I have been told, that I was effectively self employed and contracting for the company.

I have had an accountant go over the details and he has filled out a Form 12 return for the period September 2009 to December 2009. However, I rang the Revenue yesterday as I just realised that my return was late and they said to fill out a Form 11.

I'm going to call into the Revenues office on O Connell Street today to try to get this sorted out but would really appreciate any advice that anyone could give me on the subject, ie. Do I need a Form 11 or 12? Do I need to do a return for the months worked Jan- March 2010 yet?

Im a complete noob at this so feeling a little lost at the moment!


Well-Known Member
Since 2000
Nov 7, 2000
Sounds to me like you need to fill out a Form 11 covering Sept - Dec '09.
But then I'm very much from the school of "press send and hope for the best" when it comes to my tax return, which I AM going to do today, I AM I mean it, really.

Users who are viewing this thread


Support and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads