Firefox alternatives (1 Viewer)

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Website
www.myspace.com
Since the last few updates of Firefox have made it virtually unusably slow even on a 20Mb connection I'm looking for recommendations for alternatives (Mac friendly and PC).

If it's speed you want then use Chrome. Much faster than firefox (or any other browser) both on startup and rendering. Firefox 4 and 5 increased the speed a bit but it still can't compare.

Yes, Safari works, but I'm not a fan. Firefox used to be so much faster... why couldn't they just leave it alone!

Anyone know anything about Seamonkey?

i'm safari all the way on my macs, firefox nearly murdered my other one. seamonkey is firefox, same thing, different label. safari is fine, but forget about the animated gif thread.

On a PC i went from Mozilla to opera to chrome back to Mozilla and back to chrome now... I have to use IE in work for troubleshooting its a fucking melt...

Id run with Chrome or Opera

list of some ones i haven't tried so..

Maxthhon
opera
internet explorer
firefox
sleipner (japanese)
lunarscape browser
avant browser
rockmelt
sr ware iron
k- melon
comodo dragon

If you install opera actually you can get a great add-on which is really handy for downloading off youtube.
Its specifically for youtube i think so you can download a gig or something, most dvd players play mp3 and mp4
So if you download in mp4 format and burn it on to a cdr and you should be able to play it on a tv if you were so inclined...?
https://addons.opera.com/en-gb/extensions/details/youtube-downloader-2/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back