Films of the year (1 Viewer)

The Lighthouse is my haven, and everything so much cheaper there. If they would only serve ice-cream, I'd be in heaven. The bar downstairs is cool too when Hollywood Babylon or whatever is on, cheap themed cocktails!

Anyway this isn't supposed to be a thread for whinging
*Storms out and slams door*

I've seen feck all this year, and can barely remember what I saw. though I did catch and would rate:
Only Lovers Left Alive
Under The Skin
Finding Vivien Maier

I'm sure I've seen more than that.

Okay, I might see this at the weekend. I have a friend dying to see it.

@Bernie Lomax, did you rate it?
I quite liked it. Like a lot of contemporary horror films it completely falls apart in the third act. That said it's creepy, well acted, packs an emotional punch and the production design is gorgeous.

I liked it so much, partly because the story hit close to home for me and stopped being a horror film and instead was this nuanced, complex, and really... sensitive for want of a better, word, story. I loved the kid, despite everyone else being annoyed by him, I thought he was such a great depiction of that kid with that mom. Actually made me cry.

Two Days, One Night would be my movie of the year. The best I've seen from the Dardennes brothers which is really saying something and Marion Cotillard is just superb in the lead role. Disappointed not to see it on any of the lists that are starting to float around. Aside from that We Are the Best, Frank, Blue Ruin, Boyhood, Under the Skin, The Past, Nightcrawler, Inside Llewyn Davies and Interstellar (just for the visual feast of it) would complete a top 10. Still haven't gotten around to 12 Years a Slave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back