Film chat (14 Viewers)

Nah. Snipes is the biz, but cut DG some slack.

Stick some grey mutton chops on Snipes though and ram him into Royal Tenebaums - "Did you just call me Coltrane?"

A recent study from USC Annenberg's Inclusion Initiative (with support from Amazon Studios) examined Asian and Pacific Islander representation in the top grossing films since 2007. Of the 1,300 movies they examined, only 44 had a lead or co-lead of Asian or Pacific Islander descent.

And of those 0.03% of top-grossing films with leads or co-leads of Asian or Pacific Islander descent, that lead or co-lead was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson nearly 1/3 of the time.

LIGHT HOUSE CINEMA RE-OPENING JUNE 25TH

The team at Light House are beyond excited to announce that they are re-opening their doors (again!) on Friday June 25th. Thank you so much for your support in the last year and we can't wait to see you again.

We saved you a seat!

There is so much to look forward to; we will open with screenings of Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci romantic drama Supernova, Ben Wheatley's lockdown horror In The Earth and Magnus Van Horn's social media drama Sweat. We'll have special screenings of Best Picture Oscar winner Nomadland, and other awards favourites Sound of Metal, Cartoon Saloon's Wolfwalkers and First Cow. We're also delighted to bring you a rare screening of Almodovar's brand new short film The Human Voice followed by a very special recorded Q&A with Almodovar and Tilda Swinton. From Friday July 2nd we'll have Thomas Vinterberg's Oscar winner Another Round starring Mads Mikkelsen, critically acclaimed body swap horror Freaky and lots more to be announced very soon.

On the cinema’s reopening, programmer Charlene Lydon noted "It's finally time to get back to doing what we do best - bringing audiences brilliant films to enjoy and the most gorgeous spaces to enjoy them in. There's lots to look forward to in the coming weeks and months with great new releases and lots to catch up on. I personally can't wait to get back to the big screen (and the popcorn) and make up for lost time and I'm sure I speak for the whole team at Light House when I say we can't wait to welcome everyone back to our big screens on June 25th."

Opening week tickets on sale soon on www.lighthousecinema.ie

Willem Dafoe singjng with The Blasters. Shakin Stevens had a hit with this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched the Tomorrow War on Prime. Good craic, leave your brain at home and grab a bucket of popcorn. Loved how they used the Qatar World Cup and how that event was utilised to grab the global audience's attention.

I haven't seen a photo of him in years. A reminder that time marches on

I haven't seen a photo of him in years. A reminder that time marches on

Greatest actor ever imo. Beats your De Niros and your Pacinos hands down. I don't think I've seen a bad Hackman performance

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back