Film chat (2 Viewers)

There's an essay? I just see people whinging about the tweet

Yeah like I know this completely goes against the spirit of people having a good solid public lynching but he did have a tweet below it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In case he has to delete it his tweet says: I agree with Oscar Wilde who originally made this observation. I do not say it to be provocative. Argue with Oscar. Read his “The Critic as Artist”.

I read it in college but that was half a lifetime ago and I can't remember any of it, probably should dig it out again.

God who cares. The role of the artist is to make money for the Disney Corporation, the role of the critic is to get retweets and death threats.

I read it in college but that was half a lifetime ago and I can't remember any of it, probably should dig it out again.

God who cares. The role of the artist is to make money for the Disney Corporation, the role of the critic is to get retweets and death threats.

fake news

The role of the critic is copypaste PR blurbs in exchange for free seats at the expense of the art that they live off but dont make.

fake news

The role of the critic is copypaste PR blurbs in exchange for free seats at the expense of the art that they live off but dont make.
This is true.

and the role of the artist is to regurgitate the same old tired crap in ever less metaphorical ways and then cry that they aren't being recognized as the new Flann O'Brien.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back