Film chat (3 Viewers)

Anyone who goes into a historical drama etc thinking that they're watching a documentary deserves to be told that it was in fact time travelling aliens that killed Hitler.
Despite being entirely fictional Purple Rain will still capture the essence of Prince better than any future biopic will.

Did anyone see the James Brown biopic a few years back? Great performance, shockingly bad film.

Anyone who goes into a historical drama etc thinking that they're watching a documentary deserves to be told that it was in fact time travelling aliens that killed Hitler.
Oh absolutely. But I thought the article was interesting, going through them and outlining how much they deviate from the truth and whether or not it matters. Usually the conclusion is that it doesn't.

I haven't read the book but it appears in my Facebook timeline a lot
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retweeted by 2000ad no less
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think the oscars are at the wagon circling stage of existence.

That queen thing was effectively being awarded for turning a british rock band into a hollywood franchise. the 'best foreign' language film is usually the best thing and the existence of that award assumes english mericuh as everyones first language, and is a handy way to prevent global cinema being consistently better than hollywood, or even having to compete with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back