Film chat (1 Viewer)

Also he's been a multimillionaire most of his adult life
Sorry, yes. He has.
That's kind of what I meant at the end there
He got himself in real trouble, but money can solve a lot of problems.

He's done the work though, in fairness
The peace he lives with (or how I perceive it) is available to us all, if we do the work

Sorry, yes. He has.
That's kind of what I meant at the end there
He got himself in real trouble, but money can solve a lot of problems.

He's done the work though, in fairness
The peace he lives with (or how I perceive it) is available to us all, if we do the work
Expectation is a dangerous thing. Alexander was a story that Oliver Stone had dreamed of since he was in college. So, as grand as it was, as global as it was, as political as it was, as thrilling as it was, as violent as it was, and as sensual as it was, it was really personal — to Oliver and to me. It took us six months to shoot, on three continents. It was incredible. When I say “expectation,” we all had our tuxedos ready [for awards shows]. I’m not even joking. We were all like, “Right, lads, we’re off to the Oscars. This is a sure thing.” And then it came out. The reviews came out, and I remember someone going, “Oh God, it’s not good.” And my publicist going, “It’s really not good.” I was like, “Well, what do you mean ‘not good’?” There wasn’t any Rotten Tomatoes then, so they had all the printed reviews, and one after another was telling me to pack my bags, I’d been found out: “Alexander the Dull,” “Alexander the Boring,” “Alexander the Inarticulate,” “Alexander the Weak.” I was like, “Holy shit.” I thought, “What can I do?” I felt so much shame. I found myself in a place where with everyone I met I wanted to say, “Have you seen Alexander? If you have, I’m really sorry.” I’m not even joking. I wasn’t going to give them their $20 million back, but …

So I went to Lake Tahoe to a ski resort. I didn’t ski, but I realized I could wear a mask and a beanie, and I did that for three days. And then after that, yeah, I did question. I went, “I’m just shite at it. I’m a crap actor. I’ve been found out.” I came blazing onto the scene with a bit of moxie and a bit of Irish this and that — “Fuck, I don’t give a shit about it!” I was 23. When you’re 23 and you actually care a lot, and you don’t know how to articulate that or have a relationship with that care, the easiest thing to do is to say you “don’t give a shit.” This is not to apologize — I was a young man — but Alexander really made me go, “I don’t know.” And what I had to do was plug back into the Colin that went into an acting class when he was 17. And not only the fellow that went in the first time, but more importantly the fellow that went back for the second workshop. I had lost that. I was shot out of the cannon, as you said. I was given so much opportunity. It was insane how much money I was given, the keys to this, the keys to that. And that’s why, when I heard years ago that Justin Bieber threw eggs at his neighbor, I was like, “He deserves a medal if that’s all he’s doing.” He raced a car on Ocean Drive? I’m like, “If that’s all he’s doing, that kid is trying the best he can to be a good human being.” So anyway, it’s been an interesting trip. And I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to reconnect with the simplicity that should never leave the core of what we do.

Hasn't he just calmed down into a burly likeable gruff dad with a few mid life crises quirks now
unhinged-trailer.png

Oh great

I'm off to create an app where you can trade these seats and compare different cinemas and chains in your city in real time. There will be surge prices for popular films. The sharing economy!

Anyone who comes up with a decent name for the app gets 10% equity in my billion dollar company.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Replies all over the Rogue Trooper helmet… itshappening.gif?

Davis’s complaints appear to revolve around a number of issues. In an attempt to make the awards show more audience-friendly, Bafta set up an interview studio hosted by Loose Women’s Alison Hammond, where celebrities and award-winners were interviewed; as a result, recipient speeches were cut for broadcast, including one by Lesley Paterson, the British co-writer of All Quiet on the Western Front (which led the awards count on the night, winning seven).

Haha fucking hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back