Fightin fussin marital arts thread (2 Viewers)

I like a wedding. Then again i like that wussy shit.

Went to tesco earlier. Didn't wear a mask for the first time. Saw a couple of people wearing them, caught their eyes, felt like a complete dick.

it's a weird old concept, marriage. when my sister got married, until the day I genuinely thought she and my brother in law just wanted to have a bit a hooley.
I find humanist weddings a bit funny - IMO one of points of being an atheist is a avoiding rights of passage stuff.

tune about Princess Fergie and that nonce Prince Andy
CLASS WAR - Better Dead Than Wed (1986)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’d say it’s about 6-7 years since I last went to a wedding. Two close friends got married (to their partners) over lockdown so missed those.

Hadn't been to a wedding in about 11 years but I had to be best man at one in March, and my sister is getting married in August, hoping for another long break after that.

it's a weird old concept, marriage. when my sister got married, until the day I genuinely thought she and my brother in law just wanted to have a bit a hooley.
I find humanist weddings a bit funny - IMO one of points of being an atheist is a avoiding rights of passage stuff.

In some ways the humanist wedding is truer to the traditional idea of a wedding. In pre-literate time the point of the wedding as an event was so that there was a public memory of their union. People years after could identify married couples because they could remember being at their wedding even though nothing was written down. I'd vie2 the humanist ceremony as similar, people's friends and family, their community, coming together to witness the union and being able to recall "they're married now, this is great, I'll remember this."

we had a tiny registry office wedding and meal with immediate family only with no speeches or any of that nonsense, then a party that night for friends and family. spent all the money we would have wasted on a big wedding & reception on an incredible honeymoon instead.

we did both - registry office on a tuesday with family only, and a meal after, then into bowes to meet a few friends.
big garden party on the saturday, not my idea though. more my father in law wanting to show off.

We're married three years and still haven't managed to have the big party yet. We also combined the wedding and honeymoon with a month in the US and Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back