Feeding the birds (1 Viewer)

krystal

Since 2000
The poor auld birds can't get at the ground at the moment and it's a good ID to put some food out for them. I've been making up a mix of lard, raw nuts, seeds, raisins and cheese for them and leaving it out - it's going down a fatty treat.

You can also leave pieces of apple, bacon, cheese, bird food and dry cat food out for them too, and water if you can manage it.

Ta lads.

my dad is getting a bit worked up about the blackbirds chasing other blackbirds out of the garden instead of eating the food and in the meantime the rest of the birds are eating everything

If yer passing any fruit shops, ask them for gone off fruit. The old lad got a box of apples for the birds yesterday.

some seeds and breadcrumbs in the garden, saving me a fortune on cat food

only certain brands of birds can actually hang off those vertical bird nut feeders. so fuck them. if if its still insane cold in late february you have to stop feeding them or they dont get thier springtime jiggly on properly.

only certain brands of birds can actually hang off those vertical bird nut feeders. so fuck them. if if its still insane cold in late february you have to stop feeding them or they dont get thier springtime jiggly on properly.

right well i'm giving them another chance. i just made a little bird salad for them

but with the ground frozen i mean

aha

What happens to an earthworm in the winter when the ground is frozen and covered with snow?
It doesn’t die. It’s still there, way below the snow. “They burrow beneath the ground below the frost line and overwinter,” says Moskalyk. “Their body slows down, but they don’t hibernate, and in the spring they move back up to the surface.”
www.todaysparent.com/worms/
http://thumped.com/bbs/www.todaysparent.com/worms/

Fuck that shit. Everyone round our way's gone mad feeding the birds. We've got robins the size of pigeons waddling about the place.

they look fat because they puff out their feathers to stay warm. sup-posedly

oullfella (he writes nature columns) was saying he has really high hopes that the new zealand worms* will perish in this big freeze due to naivety.

*they were introduced at some point to kill some type of bug/plant, now they are beating the fuck into irish worms.

Oh yeah, once the recession comes we want those hard working new zealand worms all dead and let the Irish worms take their jobs, which they don't even have any interest in doing. Cruel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back