Favourite Talk Talk record? (1 Viewer)

Best Talk Talk record

• Total voters
I'd go for SOE too but Laughing Stock is becoming better and better for me. Actually I only got LS relatively recently. A year or two ago, slightly drunk, I stuck it on and immediately went into some kind of ecstatic rapture thinking to myself "Holy shit I can't believe this is as good as, if not better than, Spirit Of Eden!". I then looked at the sleeve and realised I was actually listening to Spirit Of Eden.

Spirit of Eden is amazing but my favourite Talk Talk thing is the Live at Montreux DVD. Sky Arts 1 had it on regularly for a while and I recorded it and watched it about 10 times in a week.

I'll plump for SOE, but I really do love COS as well. I also have been listening more to LS of late; it's just as good as SOE IMO ASAP VIP ROLF.

Spirit of Eden for me.. Anyone heard O.Rang (the band that Lee Harris and Paul Webb formed post Laughing Stock)? It's like they continued the latter Talk Talk style into a more ambient/dubby direction, actually not bad at all.

Spirit of Eden for me.. Anyone heard O.Rang (the band that Lee Harris and Paul Webb formed post Laughing Stock)? It's like they continued the latter Talk Talk style into a more ambient/dubby direction, actually not bad at all.

Never heard of O.Rang but will now be checking it out. Thanks

V hard to choose - I'm nuts about the COS, SOE and Laughing Stock trilogy ... Laughing Stock probably had the biggest effect on me. Seconded on the wonder of the 86 Live Montreaux vid (the guitar guy's mullet and bumbag - the queen of the hairdressers on percussion) and also Mark Hollis' solo album. I'd be interested in revisiting O-Rang, not my thing at the time ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back