Favourite holidays (1 Viewer)

broken arm

what was your favourite holiday?

doesn't need to be the most exotic/crazy/life changing etc.

San Francisco - Pacific Coast Highway - Death Valley - Las Vegas - Los Angeles.

Second best Christmas ever.

four or five days in rome, about a year and a half ago.

a week in clifden with about a dozen friends, about six years ago.

a week in the south of spain, staying in the mountains with relatives, a few years ago - second cousin is a walking tour guide, his partner is an artist and gives classes in painting and pottery, so plenty to do.

The first time I came to Ireland for two weeks. Dublin, Cork, Kerry car trip with the highlight being Sheep's Head and a little lamb named Sammy.

A very close second would be Belgium when I was 17. I rented a bike and cycled around alone with my camera. The sense of independence was overwhelming.

Quite a few excellent holidays spent in Kenmare but I think my faviourite recent holiday was last week, which I spent in Dublin.

Probably Argentina last year.

Torremelinos 1984! That was super, I was 3 the day we came home. Had a great time, I had a blue boat that I lost and then found and I threw a bucket of water over my sleeping auntie Joan. Take that, old lady.

Hmmm, I actually don't remember many holidays particularly fondly. Not that they're horrible, just unmemorable. I didn't even enjoy Argentina as much as I could have as I was with people who didn't want to do anything except drink and sleep.

I have a terrible life. :(

philledelphia when i was about 12/13. my family stayed in a lovely gaff in the suburbs with a friend of my dads. hung out with their kids who were of similar ages to my sisters and i.

remember being amazed at the time by the number of tv channels they had, varieties of teeth rotting junk food you could buy and the fact that i could watch 18s films during the day, even if they were censored to shit. great holiday

sheep's head... not a baad choice.

Especially when you can pet cows there! I have about 5 layers on under that demin jacket. I have no idea that summer here was not really summer. Freezing but enjoyed every minute of it.

n660797583_866137_2160.jpg

this Rhonda? (we camped / bummed around there and Cordoba/Granada a few years ago) nice spot

137410118_4f820322e9_o.jpg

137410119_4633aa097b_o.jpg

137415629_5e5a156117_o.jpg

Yes, great place. Some nice/backpacker type bars there too. They don't overdo the tourism. We were there in May and it was scorchio.

What's Granada like? I get the impression it's better than Seville in terms of Moorish architecture etc. Would like to visit Cordoba and Cadiz too.

Yes, great place. Some nice/backpacker type bars there too. They don't overdo the tourism. We were there in May and it was scorchio.

What's Granada like? I get the impression it's better than Seville in terms of Moorish architecture etc. Would like to visit Cordoba and Cadiz too.

i loved Granada - loads of crusties but you can avoid them fairly easily. deadly bars, nice vibes.

The alhambra is well worth seeing too.

i did a working holiday with a friend in berchtesgaden
2215147-Travel_Picture-Schoenau_am_Koenigssee.jpg

when i was about 19, followed by a month of interrailing around eastern europe. it was a four-month-long shot in the arm of awesome mountains, smoking hot guys, beer festivals, scorching hot sun and culture. and i was fluent by the time i came back...

(and that concludes my 13,000th post. crikey)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back