Favourite album/song/gig of 2017? (1 Viewer)

Best LP - Elder - Reflections of a floating world. Just a staggering piece of work.
Best gig - RFTC. Didn't see much else, so thankfully this was a doozie.
Best game - Super Mario Odyssey. Glorious!

Album - dunno really. Didn't buy that many 2017 albums.

Gig - Radiohead was pretty special. I'm sure there were others I enjoyed.

Movies - now this I can say something about as I went mad for the movies this year. I went on a mission to see one a week in the cinema and I'm presently on no.45. Lots of great films this year. I can't pick a best but the ones that really stood out were Jackie, Get Out, Lady Macbeth, Ghost Story and The Florida Project. Wind River was great too. Don't get the love for Dunkirk and the Bladerunner movie was fine but didn't really blow me away. Worst movies I saw that I had a reasonable expectation that they might be good were Silence, Elle and Free Fire. The worst movie of all - and one I would urge you all to never watch - was The Laplace Demon. A truly shit piece of work.

Movies - now this I can say something about as I went mad for the movies this year. I went on a mission to see one a week in the cinema and I'm presently on no.45. Lots of great films this year. I can't pick a best but the ones that really stood out were Jackie, Get Out, Lady Macbeth, Ghost Story and The Florida Project. Wind River was great too. Don't get the love for Dunkirk and the Bladerunner movie was fine but didn't really blow me away. Worst movies I saw that I had a reasonable expectation that they might be good were Silence, Elle and Free Fire. The worst movie of all - and one I would urge you all to never watch - was The Laplace Demon. A truly shit piece of work.
Radiohead was a super show alright.

Out of your top five movies I've only seen Get Out and Ghost Story. The former was great, the latter not so much (original as it was). Must get me to the other three.

Lady MacBeth is awesome!

Song of the year for me by a fairly long shot:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blue Cigar by Midnight Sister also

shout out to the kids for getting something as insane as Bodak Yellow to the top of the Billboard Charts though. Great track.

Album:

eh, either the St Vincent or Perfume Genius one I think.

Gig:

St Vincent or Cyndi Lauper or Pixx at EP.

Movie: i'll be looking at your lists lads.

Since we're making shameful confessions, mine for this year is that the Kendrick album doesn't do a lot for me.

Dec 2017, when I realised Kendrick Lemarr is not this guy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

gigs: wasnt at too many gigs over the year 'proper', 'DIY' or otherwise, but I somewaht guiltly have to admit that the divine comedy in the Olympia last friday was actually great. hugely entertaining and a great vibe.

ablums: i'm not sure what albums Ive listened too over the year are actually from 2017 - I've really been enjoying a jane weaver one, but I dont think its her latest...

TV: i'll go out on a limb here and say that the german drama 'dark' thats on netflix was pretty brilliant - apart form the last 15mins when they tried to set up the second season.. another german one 'under the same sky' was also brilliant,

Films: ive seen no films of note this year... null points..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back