Fave irish track of the noughties?? (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Morrish

Website
blog.myspace.com
I'd day mine is MDR's 'the drowning man', keep returning to it again and again.

Love the guitar on it and the lyrics are a hoot (to me anyways, probably less so to the family of the poor feller MDR failed to save)

any other contenders folks?

Right at the minute I think mine might be Jinx Lennon's "Forgive the cunts". There'd be some very very close contenders (many written by people who post here), but "Forgive the cunts" really lifts my heart and (briefly) makes me a more hopeful person

hmmm, so much to pick from. I'd deffo concur with the MDR track mentioned.

2 others I listen to a lot and would be up there for me;

Crayonsmith - Lost in the Forest
Michael Knight - I did it Biff's way.

The second one is probably the most played song on my iPod.

Love the guitar on it and the lyrics are a hoot (to me anyways, probably less so to the family of the poor feller MDR failed to save)

i must say thats a pretty great choice. its probably my favourite MDR tune - either that or Restring The Bow. And that would probably qualify it as my contender for this position.

i must say thats a pretty great choice. its probably my favourite MDR tune - either that or Restring The Bow. And that would probably qualify it as my contender for this position.

U2's Vertigo.

Not really.

I don't really want to seem like a Thumped backslapper but my favourite Irish tracks have probably been by some heads on here if I'm honest. The MDR ones I'd go for are My Prayer for Egret or The Cost of a House, though it's a very hard choice.
Other completely brilliant and perfect Thumped-related tracks are Michael Knight's You People are Idiots and Waves to the Shore, The Spook's Christchurch 6 Bells, Pimlico and On Ragged Rock, Groom's Codebreakers and School Uniform, So Cow's Commuting, So Cow vs the Future and Moon Geun Yeung and loads more by loads of people but I'll stop there as they are my personal favourites as of now.
Oh, Jape's To The Sea also.

impossible to say given the kick ass offerings of the last few years, but if i had to pick one it would be either 'all the peoples mercy' by dinah brand or 'things asleep in the sun' by joan of arse. those two mainly because they were released at a time when i wasn't so bitter.

Hard to name my single favourite but some of mine are:

Captain Moonlight - Dirty Cunts
MDR - loads of them, but especially The Drowning Man, Restring The Bow, Every Now and Then She Gets a Moment and Cade Calf Call
Susan McKeown - S Ambó Éara, Caledonia & To Fair London Town
Spook Of The Thirteenth Lock - In Country Dark & The Partisan
Yeh Deadlies - Teenage Pricks (full disclosure I played a bit of accordion on it)
Divine Comedy - Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious Mysterious World and Absent Friends
So Cow - To Do list, Girl Racer and a load of others.
bracket.retards.bracket - I can't recall the name of the song but I think it was on their last release, sounded like mutant soca.

off the top of my head daemien frost 'the song falling apart'
egg saying jinx lennon reminded me of "houses" by him which kind of sums up 00's ireland for me (and is also a great tune)

I haven't heard of any of these band/artists

so I'll just go with

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rollers/Sparkers - Wake Up
David Kitt - What I Ask
Stephen Shannon - I Can See My House From Here
Halfset - Laptop Dancer
Chequerboard - Indian Ink

mumblin deaf ro

hes pretty big around these parts

He has an apartment that smells of rich mahogany I hear. Kind of a big deal.

At the moment I can't get Greetings by So Cow out of my head.

I also love To The Sea by Jape

Westlife have some crackers too though, don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back