Fav joni mitchell (pre 1980) (1 Viewer)

well? favorites...

• Total voters
Joni is apparently suffering from something called Morgellon's disease. Sounds creepy.

Sufferers include folk singer Joni Mitchell, who has complained of "this weird incurable disease that seems like it's from outer space... Fibres in a variety of colours protrude out of my skin: they cannot be forensically identified as animal, vegetable or mineral. Morgellons is a slow, unpredictable killer – a terrorist disease. It will blow up one of your organs, leaving you in bed for a year."

So it's new, frightening and profoundly odd. But if you were to seek the view of the medical establishment, you'd find the strangest fact about this disease: morgellons doesn't exist.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/may/07/morgellons-mysterious-illness

For me side one of hissing is perfect, The Jungle Line works well enough coming right after In France They Kiss On Main St since In France is fairly up tempo. It just sounds like she's stepping it up a bit for the Jungle Line before settling back in to the groove with Edith. She doesn't put a foot wrong until The Boho Dance and Harry's House, she drops the ball badly at that point and never quite gets back in the game.

fuck off brian kennedy and mary black

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it bad that I want her to loose all her money so that she has to go on tour?

I am trying Hejira for the first time.

I struggle with all well-produced jazzy 70's albums so i'm hoping this is a teeny bit more off the wall

the only other Joni Mitchell album I know is Blue...

Last edited:
I DON'T GET THIS.
Just listened to The Hissing Of Summer Lawns for the first time.

a) the jazz rock bits put me off cos i hate jazz rock but I was getting into it all by the end
b) prince is on record as loving his album and having finally listened to it I can say he took a lot from it.

Hissing and Steely Dan have a lot in common too I think, or maybe it's only Larry Carlton. I think you should try Don Juan's Reckless Daughter next. It's her best album and it has no jazz despite all the fretless bass and the Wayne Shorter sax

Hissing and Steely Dan have a lot in common too I think, or maybe it's only Larry Carlton. I think you should try Don Juan's Reckless Daughter next. It's her best album and it has no jazz despite all the fretless bass and the Wayne Shorter sax
Well I like fretless bass cos Japan so I will!

Well it's obviously a lot to take in in one listen but it's been the most my kind of thing by her that I've come across so far, thank u for the suggestion.

I am trying Hejira for the first time.

I struggle with all well-produced jazzy 70's albums so i'm hoping this is a teeny bit more off the wall

the only other Joni Mitchell album I know is Blue...
5 years later

I just listened to Court and Spark for maybe the first or second time ever. No thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back