Fashion gripes (1 Viewer)

I'm with Jane on this one. Yeah, shoes are grand like but hundreds of euro on them? They are just shoes!

It reminds me of a scene from that show with Tommy Hilfiger’s daughter. I looked it up, it was called Rich Girls. I saw one or two episodes and if I could kick shins through the tv, I would have.

They were talking about how they should send their old mattress to kids in Africa so they didn't need to sleep in the dirt and how maybe they shouldn’t buy 400 dollar shoes and instead save a life. Of course then they went shopping after the heart to heart.

But this just blew me away: “people in the midwest buy cargo pants because they need the pockets while working in the fields” Are you kidding me?

YouTube - Rich Girls - 4.7

The cargo pants thing was one of the funniest things ever to air on television. Ever.

As was the bit where they called Mattress Discounters and tried to be charitable.

Amazing. That show was just amazing.

Did you see the episode that was made during the NY blackout in 2003? I remember it because it was memorable. They were in hysterics because the cell phones weren't working and thought the world was ending.

I loved Rich Girls..I loved the one who wasn't Tommy Hilfiger's daughter..the way her mouth turned down at the end and the dude she was in love with but who didn't love her back..

They should show that on tv again..

Her name was Jamie I think..

I loved Rich Girls..I loved the one who wasn't Tommy Hilfiger's daughter..the way her mouth turned down at the end and the dude she was in love with but who didn't love her back..

They should show that on tv again..

Her name was Jamie I think..

It was...she was the most miserable looking creature ever...dammit i cant find a photo of her looking miserable but she generally resembled a whiny fish. Remember the episode where they went to London and she got all stroppy and stayed in her room and cried cos Hilfiger (is her name Ally?) dared to spend time with this other vacuous mannequin who went with them?

Hilfiger was hilarious, how she used to tap her inner eye when she was "stressed". I think they repeated it on E4 in saturday mornings for a while last year...sheer brilliance.

It was...she was the most miserable looking creature ever...dammit i cant find a photo of her looking miserable but she generally resembled a whiny fish. Remember the episode where they went to London and she got all stroppy and stayed in her room and cried cos Hilfiger (is her name Ally?) dared to spend time with this other vacuous mannequin who went with them?

Hilfiger was hilarious, how she used to tap her inner eye when she was "stressed". I think they repeated it on E4 in saturday mornings for a while last year...sheer brilliance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fashion anti-gripe!

Lookit me lovely new sandal -

41EUVhR5CFL._AA280_.jpg

They're extremely comfortable and you can walk on water in them apparently.
I think you're supposed to be an 'athletic' type to wear them though.

baggy knees on jeans wreck my head. it happens with all the pairs i own and looks especially bad with skinny jeans.
i see loads of people in skinnys and the kness on them dont stick out, maybe ive got deformed legs or something?

Ugg boots in the summer (such as it is).
Ugg boots with leggings.
Ugg boots with mini skirts
Ugg boots with orange legs.
Ugg boots.

And Crocs (not the toe-post flip-flops though, I'm wearing a pair and they're the comfiest flip flop ever).

Also, 1980s fashion - please go away now.

Young girls with that short hair at the front and long hair at the back style thing.

Also, 1980s fashion - please go away now.

I abuse this from time to time, especially hair sweat band type yokes that suit my current bob type short mess hair cut.

Young girls with that short hair at the front and long hair at the back style thing.

You know its out of style when it becomes the fashion in Enniscorthy, quare bad.

When I finally got white blonde hair it wasnt to common but oh no thanks to agness plank face...

May the hair of your cronies fall out because they dont know what they are doing!

Was in a shop near Harcourt the other day and these three business types were in a newsagents. One of them was your typical irish man, a tad style awkward. An Irish woman and a petite British girl.

The British one turned to the poor guy and goes "We have to do something about those stone washed jeans!! THEY ARE SO EIGHTIES"

Infairness now, they were grand. The guy got a little bit red and started to look at the floor to which the Irish girl piped up "Well I liked them!!". I told him I liked them to.

The British girl was not impressed at all. She looked like Mr.Hankey with all the brown she was wearing, I didnt have the gaul to say it to her the bitch.

Tried on a pair of jeans in M&S, never bought jeans there before. Perfect fit, for the first time in my life!

I bought another pair while I was there, same size but slightly longer in the leg, didn't try them on.

Same old story. They're fucking hanging off me and I'm constantly pulling them up.

I love H&M but their clothes are also tiny. i can wear their tops but the pants are a joke.

Id say that shop is the cause of the majority of crash dieting in Dublin.

Im usually a couple of sizes bigger in H&M than anyother shop.

I started to cry in the dressing rooms in Henry st. one day. Those fucking angled mirrors they have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back