Farewell TXFM; welcome... (1 Viewer)

Ugh, whats even the point

ClpljcFWEAAZahg.jpg:large

Are they bad DJ's? I'm a bit clueless

although

About TXFM

TXFM broadcasts alternative rock music to Dublin city and county and beyond via the web, 24 hours a day. Our formula is simple - we just play great music! Put this together with an emphasis on local artists, with real music fans behind the microphone and plenty of listener input.

We provide a rock music format that thousands of Dublin radio listeners want to hear. Isolated by existing stations, our listeners have demanded choice and to hear new music. And that's what we give them. Above all, we have been driven by the thriving musical community and their fans that have been so ignored by mainstream radio. TXFM plays the music Dublin's been missing.

txfm.jpg

Are they bad DJ's? I'm a bit clueless

thats not even the issue. Pre-recorded programmes from 7pm through the night makes it a bit pointless. Might as well stick on your Spotify discover playlist.

And to answer your question, no, they're not all terrible. Caddell is terrible. Hes also a prick. The rest of them are grand to good.

thats not even the issue. Pre-recorded programmes from 7pm through the night makes it a bit pointless. Might as well stick on your Spotify discover playlist.

oh from 7PM! Fair enough

But who else is gonna play Holiday by Green Day for the people of Dublin crying out for it.

a1991? DREADFUL year for music.

Really?

I switched on yesterday and they were playing a band that sounded like EMF, I thought it was some new band that see them as a seminal influence. It was EMF....lies I think it was called.
Nice touches with the old gig ads as well.

They're not necessarily bad, it's just that all the more interesting personalities are gone. These guys just sound a bit too much like continuity announcers. I like my DJs to say more than "that was XXX. Next up, YYY".

Joe Donnelly is good.
I'm fascinated with the way Claire Beck says four.

I switched on yesterday and they were playing a band that sounded like EMF, I thought it was some new band that see them as a seminal influence. It was EMF....lies I think it was called.
hah, thats gas. EMF's first album is one of my favourite albums ever. One day Joe Donnelly played 'Unbelievable' and afterwards called them a one-song band, or a one-hit-wonder, or something along those lines. I tweeted him saying he was WAY wide of the mark, and mentioned 'Long Hot Summer Night' and 'Lies' as being 2 other amazing songs.

He must have gone and checked them out!

There was plenty of good stuff in 1991

but grunge. ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back