Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (3 Viewers)

Wow. what a set up and finish - those left footers.

never heard of Theo Archibald but apparently he's normally a right winger but can play on the left. he was at Celtic but never got a game.

Orient have had a tough time in recent years. they're less than 2 miles from the Olympic Stadium and West Ham moving in there has put the club in jeopardy.
Brisbane Road is a cool old school ground. it looks a bit Subbuteo stadium.
I've never been.

But I've heard so much complaining about it from the lads that I feel like I've been there. Tottenham womens team play there as well, which does involve us. So we're there a lot.
I've never been there because there's always so much firefighting to do with the system, (sometimes literal firefighting), and I'm still quite green in this line of work.

Funny thing is, whether it's Champions League or League 2 or whatever, my job is the same. I get paid the same. Some of the other guys have made the mistake of bragging about Champions League this and NFL that when they go to somewhere like O's, and that's not right. If we fuck up, we look like dickheads. The job is the same. The emotions are the same.

Class goal - strong Le Tissier at The Dell vibes from both the volley and old school goal nets! I really need to get to Brisbane Road before I pack London in. The bar at the supporters club always wins CAMRA awards for its real ale selection so I've had it on the must visit list for years.

didn't hear about this until yesterday and only bothered to look it up tuesday. not really into GAA football.

UFC (I mean GAA) Junior A All Ireland Football Club Final 15-1-2023
Fossa (Kerry) 0-19 v 1-13 Stewartstown Harps (Tyrone)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

in Fossa captain Paudie Clifford's victory speech he hilariously criticises the ref for sending him off
His bro' David was also sent off.

all the red cards. Stewartstown won 4-2 on that count

'Werner Herzog' narrates the highlights of the final 6 stages of 2014 Tour de France

Is Herzog regularly sent up like this ala Attenborough or Steve Irwin or Hitler in the bunker?
worth watching for comedy value even if you don't care for bike racing.

David Clifford is an outstanding player. They were losing at half time and clifford and his brother turned the game on it's head driving the opposition to lashing out in the final ten mins. This completed a redicolous string of medals clifford has won in the past 12 months. Most of the game was good fluid football.

David Clifford is an outstanding player. They were losing at half time and clifford and his brother turned the game on it's head driving the opposition to lashing out in the final ten mins. This completed a redicolous string of medals clifford has won in the past 12 months. Most of the game was good fluid football.
yeah - it's amazing the Cliffords play at Junior level. that's GAA club loyalty for ya.

I don't know enough about it to say for sure, but I will anyways
Tennis is 100% the best sport

Total Fairweather rugby fan myself. Never played, didn't go to a rugby school and I don't know anyone called tarquin. Looking forward to Ireland vs Scotland tomorrow at 3pm. It's soooo much better to watch than soccer.

Interesting outcome to todays game, expected score was 0-6. It kind of changes the whole league, for loads of teams. The home team played well, like they gave a shit, whereas the last time I was there they were just fumbling and frustrated and it just didn't work. Today they played the best I've seen them play. Watching talented people give a shit is quite a sight.

I'd rather watch a gig with 30 fans who are fans, but there is something there.

The away supporters were literally in tears. And I mean literally in a literal sense.

"It's all gone Spursy over there" chanted the home fans at the away stand. "Are you Tottenham in disguise" was another one. Usually their chants aren't that imaginative.

The vibe though, even the people way up there locked away in the control room could feel it.
Which is probably why I'm still awake, it took a bit of decompression. There was actual work stuff that was stressful, but it was really something today. 2-2 victory for the ages.

Great video from Eurosport of Mark Selby's 147 in the snooker World Championship Final tonight

great final so far. Brecel played dazzling stuff but Selby punished his rash lapses of concentration in the second session.

great final so far. Brecel played dazzling stuff but Selby punished his rash lapses of concentration in the second session.
Glad to see Brecel winning it, though I had been rooting for the Chinese kid to pull it off in the previous round.. don't think I'm alone in finding Selby's playing style a bit tedious, though credit to him for mounting a comeback to give the final some proper tension.

Sad to see Seamus Coleman being injured.

Suspect he was an important part of stephen kenny's plans, who I also like and the snowball will be criticism for kenny down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back