Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (4 Viewers)

Was he one of Pat Spillane's "puke footballers?"

That term actually i think referred to Tyrone originally, and spillane apologised for it before he retired. But yes he was in the Donegal era that had an outstanding defense system. Saw a few games in the flesh and his off the ball play was something else.

there some thing he does at 1.25ish here that is kinda witchcraft.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That term actually i think referred to Tyrone originally, and spillane apologised for it before he retired. But yes he was in the Donegal era that had an outstanding defense system. Saw a few games in the flesh and his off the ball play was something else.

there some thing he does at 1.25ish here that is kinda witchcraft.

Scored 4-223 in intercounty.
My brother in law's cousin was in his Donegal team that won the All Ireland.
My nephew's love going up there.

The reason there's so much injury time is that the 4th officials are now counting all the moments in the game where players are time wasting. Wales did a bit of that tonight themselves. The refs are also adding 1-1.5 minutes for the celebrations after goals scored. So basically, we're now getting closer to an actual 90 minutes of football than we were before.

So Roy Keane is looking to replace Santa Claus. Or indeed Santy.

It would explain a lot his behaviour.

The reason there's so much injury time is that the 4th officials are now counting all the moments in the game where players are time wasting. Wales did a bit of that tonight themselves. The refs are also adding 1-1.5 minutes for the celebrations after goals scored. So basically, we're now getting closer to an actual 90 minutes of football than we were before.
Yes and no.
The companies paying for advertising on the perimeter advertising are getting good value out of all this extra time. It's something like $100,000/minute for those ads. It could be half that, could be x10 that. Whichever, I'm guessing, it's a lot.
There's no other way Qatar is making money that I can see.

Yes and no.
The companies paying for advertising on the perimeter advertising are getting good value out of all this extra time. It's something like $100,000/minute for those ads. It could be half that, could be x10 that. Whichever, I'm guessing, it's a lot.
There's no other way Qatar is making money that I can see.
Collina has said that the extra added time is because the refs have been instructed to count time-wasting and celebrations. He's like possibly the only person in FIFA that people can actually believe.
Your advertising theory doesn't really hold up, because a lot of the 0-0 games have basically just had 'normal' additional time, because there haven't been any goal celebrations or much time wasting.

I've to be at work at 02:00 which kinda puts the kibosh on me watching tonights games.

Nonetheless, this is tidy:

The Aussies managing to reach the 2nd round is highly impressive, that is a lower-end Championship level squad, I gave them no chance in that group.. also taking a fair bit of shameful joy in Denmark having a shit tournament, given our miserable struggles against them over the last few years.

The Aussies managing to reach the 2nd round is highly impressive, that is a lower-end Championship level squad, I gave them no chance in that group.. also taking a fair bit of shameful joy in Denmark having a shit tournament, given our miserable struggles against them over the last few years.
Jackson Irvine is a bit of a hero. He plays for St.Pauli, which I think people here will appreciate.

His casual clothing looks like this

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 09.36.41.png

that was him the other week turning up for world cup duty

He also has a Lou Reed tattoo on one shoulder

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 09.38.04.png

and Nick Cave on the other

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 09.38.41.png

and best of all, Mo Sizlak on his leg

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 09.39.14.png

RTE did a nice piece tonight on the MacAllister family in Buenos Aires. They set out from Donabate in the 1860s and they still play hurling out there.

I remember Carlos MacAllister the father of Alexis playing for Boca in the 90s , Carlos even won a few caps.
Carlos was easy to pick out as he was the only Argentine footballer I've seen with red hair. Carlos' brother was also a footballer.

one of football's most overrated players Olivier Giroud has set a goals record for France.
here's some of his greatest moments

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back