Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (3 Viewers)

I've seen the last couple of matches of the women's football, and it looks to me like the only team in the tournament that is willing to push and foul their way around the whole pitch is England.

I've seen the last couple of matches of the women's football, and it looks to me like the only team in the tournament that is willing to push and foul their way around the whole pitch is England.
you forgot time wasting.

good match tonight Austria really went for it and hit the wood work three times inc an amazing return of a keeper's kick out.
The Austria keeper Manuela Zinsberger (Arsenal) had a super match but Austria had a very odd way of taking goal kicks.
Austrian defenders were deliberately placed either side of the box and the keeper would pass to one them and receive the ball back and only then kick it forward. for whatever reason Austria did this a lot and the Germans got wise to it and a blocked kick out ended up in the net.

you forgot time wasting.

good match tonight Austria really went for it and hit the wood work three times inc an amazing return of a keeper's kick out.
The Austria keeper Manuela Zinsberger (Arsenal) had a super match but Austria had a very odd way of taking goal kicks.
Austrian defenders were deliberately placed either side of the box and the keeper would pass to one them and receive the ball back and only then kick it forward. for whatever reason Austria did this a lot and the Germans got wise to it and a blocked kick out ended up in the net.
That Austrian goal kick thing was such a fucking load of complete wank hahaha. Ireland were doing it very similarly last year as well!

I don't really like soccerball, even though it's kind of one of my jobs. Not mad on English jingoism either.

But there's been a slow steady build up to this womens football final against Germany. Wembley is full, when has that ever happened before for womens sport?

Watching it now. Observing, not participating. It would make my life easier if they won.

I don't really like soccerball, even though it's kind of one of my jobs. Not mad on English jingoism either.

But there's been a slow steady build up to this womens football final against Germany. Wembley is full, when has that ever happened before for womens sport?

Watching it now. Observing, not participating. It would make my life easier if they won.
Because

"Football's coming home"

036-palm_down.jpg

First you give them hope

Then you equalise

Then you toy with them in extra time before you rip their heart out on penalties

this is the way

Of course it's a Kelly that sorts things out.

These women are scary tough though. Skilled and all as well of course, but they're frightening to watch.

I really want this Jill Scott woman to do some kind of aside to Gil Scott Heron. She must have thought about it at some point.

Gil Scott Heron's dad was the first black man to play pro football in Scotland, pub quiz fans.

Was at local youth hurling match last night. Our club were losing by 10 points after 20 minutes.
They took the lead a few minutes into the second half and then there was no scoring for ten minutes.
They eventually won by 13 points.
In the last 35-40 minutes there was a an 7-6 to 3 points turnaround.

Was at local youth hurling match last night. Our club were losing by 10 points after 20 minutes.
They took the lead a few minutes into the second half and then there was no scoring for ten minutes.
They eventually won by 13 points.
In the last 35-40 minutes there was a an 7-6 to 3 points turnaround.
Was this under 10s or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back