Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (1 Viewer)

speaking of being battered, i just saw the video of the incident which led to the german coach being kicked out for 'punching' a horse. it's a little underwhelming.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

speaking of being battered, i just saw the video of the incident which led to the german coach being kicked out for 'punching' a horse. it's a little underwhelming.

that footage has been doctored - here's the original

Yeah there's a few lads from Ireland in the American college system right now. Not sure if that's the same guy, but one that played for Belfast Star a couple of years ago was fuckin miles ahead of all the other players in the league here, he basically won them the championship on his own.

That last 6 minutes was essentially a dictionary definition of the word 'sickener'.. Some of the young lads look quite promising. I wish Aaron Connolly would stop going to ground looking for penalties the whole time. Maybe Kenny should have brought subs on earlier.

Connolly is such a cunt. He would have got that penalty every day of the week if he hadn't spent the 20 minutes before it throwing himself all over the pitch. The referee is a cunt for not giving that as a penalty anyway, fucking ridiculous decision.

Kenny should definitely have brought subs on earlier, then again when Portugal equalised he'd been trying to bring 2 subs on for about 2 minutes and the ref wouldn't let him. Also, the real mistake for the equaliser was MacClean letting the Portuguese winger past him at the touchline, and he'd only been on about 15 minutes as a sub himself.

the ref was weak. Dodgy Ron should have been sent off for hitting Dara O'Shea, he was waiting to taking a borderline penalty which the ref hadn't even checked on the VAR screen yet and O'Shea rightly reminded him of the situation.
Portugal were poor and their defenders especially the fullbacks are giving up chances all over the place recently.

As Kenny pointed out afterwards Ireland have never won away in qualifiers against big countries. to come up up with a performance like that is huge when Irish football is at such a low ebb.

for reasons no one has yet had the guts to explain tonight, Cristiano Ronaldo will get to wear his prefered #7 jersey for Man Utd this season this is despite Edison Cavani having already worn the #7 (inc against Wolves last Sunday).
once a number is designated to a player then it is for the entire season however this doesn't apply to CR7.

has 'special dispensation' ever been given to any other player?
this is giving Ronaldo and Utd more income as #7 is a key part of his 'brand'.

something similar happened with cyclist Lance Armstrong in 2009 when he came out of retirement.
Lance had not been part of the out of competition testing programme for the required period (6 months I think) and wanted ride The Tour Down Under in South Australia where he had a large appearance fee waiting for him.
Pat McQuaid's UCI gave Lance 'special dispensation' to return a couple weeks early and collect his $1 million US fee for riding the TDU. it turned out this was a 3 million over 3 years deal (plus expenses) of public money for riding a week long race owned by the South Australia government.

inside story of how well respected UCI anti doping boss Ann Gripper (an Aussie) was overuled:

there were no caveats or clauses in the deal and Lance never had to pay the money back.

Yeah look it man

I care about soccer for about 20 hours a year when either Ireland are playing and I don't have to adjust my life to watch it beyond changing channel or if I'm with my soccer mates for fun maybe twice a year.

But I know who ronaldo is, I know who messi is and if I strain I'll remember the other balon do'r guy. Those two though, they get people who don't care about soccer watching soccer, and that is big money bags.

Yeah look it man

I care about soccer for about 20 hours a year when either Ireland are playing and I don't have to adjust my life to watch it beyond changing channel or if I'm with my soccer mates for fun maybe twice a year.

But I know who ronaldo is, I know who messi is and if I strain I'll remember the other balon do'r guy. Those two though, they get people who don't care about soccer watching soccer, and that is big money bags.
will be interested to see if the other clubs or media call this out.
Ronaldo is a bastard and got hugely preferential treatment from the referee the other night against
Ireland. that puts me OFF watch watching matches.
the IRL V PORT match was the first I watched for the full 90 mins of this season.

the Vuelta cycling is coming to the end but I only watched more than the last 20km of 3 stages.
not once did I look up the GC or start list so far. some stages I only watched the last 2 km of.
I just had other things I wanted to do...

many years ago, i tried to be a formula 1 fan but gave up as it was too much work. but that 'race' last weekend was nuts; i wonder what other crazy rules exist in sports that people don't realise?
a friend was telling me that there's a rule in rugby that a match can be decided with a coin toss if overtime goes into penalties which goes into sudden death which goes on too long. i don't know if the rule has ever been utilised.

for reasons no one has yet had the guts to explain tonight, Cristiano Ronaldo will get to wear his prefered #7 jersey for Man Utd this season this is despite Edison Cavani having already worn the #7 (inc against Wolves last Sunday).
once a number is designated to a player then it is for the entire season however this doesn't apply to CR7.

has 'special dispensation' ever been given to any other player?
this is giving Ronaldo and Utd more income as #7 is a key part of his 'brand'.

something similar happened with cyclist Lance Armstrong in 2009 when he came out of retirement.
Lance had not been part of the out of competition testing programme for the required period (6 months I think) and wanted ride The Tour Down Under in South Australia where he had a large appearance fee waiting for him.
Pat McQuaid's UCI gave Lance 'special dispensation' to return a couple weeks early and collect his $1 million US fee for riding the TDU. it turned out this was a 3 million over 3 years deal (plus expenses) of public money for riding a week long race owned by the South Australia government.

inside story of how well respected UCI anti doping boss Ann Gripper (an Aussie) was overuled:

there were no caveats or clauses in the deal and Lance never had to pay the money back.
part of that agreement was that he had to ride the Tour of Ireland, and the whole thing led to his eventual downfall.

Ronaldo seems to get dispensation for a lot of things, including his (alleged) rapey behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back