Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (1 Viewer)

See some Irish one just finished 10th there...
I kept falling asleep near the end but only cause I'd been awake about 18 hours.

Fionnuala McCormack (Britton) was 25th less than 7 mins down running 2:34.
Cooke didn't finish.

Siobhan Diver the Mayo woman running for Oz is 44! she only emigrated there in her 20's and started running aged 33 after her youngest child was born. Fair Dinkum.
One of the poor Aussies was vomiting after finishing and needed help afterwards.
Molly Seidel a white American running her second ever marathon and finishing 3rd ahead Africans doesn't sit well.

My fave cult marathon runners were Schlumpf a 6 foot Suisse (12th) who was running alongside tiny Tanzanian Matanga who must be less the 5 foot tall. She faded and came in a place ahead of Fionnuala.

Boxing coming to a climax - Viva Cuba! Muchos Oro.
Then end of the 4x100 men's running was great.
Best cycling I saw today (Friday) was the 2 Dutch guys slugging it out for gold in the Kerin Final.

Last edited:
It's actually getting interesting too, this American one has been way the fuck in front for the whole 4 rounds and now the chasers are finally putting a bit of pressure on her, the New Zealander is just 2 behind now.

I got sucked in now.

I find the americans sidekick/trainer guy hilarious.
Her uniform is a bit tennisy though, the rest are all sorta wednesday night pints vibes.

Nz was having words with her walking a while back, trash talking i hope

Ah I'm out, it'll be another couple hours before this is over

I decided seeing i'm off work to stick it out.
A storm came a bit after and they all had to go inside for two hours. I insomnia'd right in time for them to start again.

Lydia Ko had a stunning save from a bunker to stay in the running.

Turns out american lady who I thought was over doing the tennis outfite vibes

Is the daughter of famous tennis players
Has a sister who is also on the olympics gold.
Has a brother who is a tennis semi pro.

So while being right about the dress it was also a nice tribute to her folks. Anywhoo she held on and won, fair play to her. Ko did great in chasing but just dropped a few easy ones beside getting great difficult shots off.

Men's marathon on now 16 km in w/ about 40 still at the front - The bros are going to work it out.

I will get pissed off if some white bastard like Rupp gets near a medal.
The 1500m Final was strange earlier w/ 2 Kenyans and the rest were white guys. The PEDs must be racist.

Lads were getting tailed off from the gun inc. Irish. Last I saw a Honduran lad was last, his PB was by far worst in race at 2:18.

Unfortunately no underwear outfits on these lads.

Just fired the marathon on there. It's pretty galling when you see lads from places like USA or Germany challenging the Ethio-Kenya type lads that have literally spent their entire lives running long distances. There's even been scientific studies showing that the lads from certain parts of Africa are literally physically more suited to this long distance running due to bone and muscle structure from evolution, similar to how the Sherpas have an actual mutation that lets them absorb more Oxygen in their blood from thin air than us lowlanders. Doping yank bastards. At least the Brits made the pretence of getting their own Somalian for those events, before they doped him up too.

Seeing lads coming in 5,10, 20 minutes down arms aloft with big smiles made me smile too.

Kipchoge did a demolition job.
The two Benelux buddies Nageeye orchestrating and Abdi himself getting on the podium at Cherono's expense by encouraging each other in the last metres.

Great effort by Osako for 5th gave it his all to close gap for last 10 km plus.

Gabriyesos from the refugee team was 16th and did some nice posing after.

Loads of great stories in there.

Pollock celebrating his 71st place was exactly what I want to see.
He and Seaward let the big guns go early took care of their own business and made sure they finished.
Pollocks' time was similar to Jepchirchir's winning time yesterday.
Kevin Seaward did a nice interview after he was going well until last 5km but basically was psyched with his efforts.

That was superb by Kellie total - A+ performance. She could not have executed that better.
Beforehand I thought Ferreira would probably win. But Kellie boxed really intelligently and picked off a brilliant boxer with big punches. Ferreira didn't do much wrong Kellie just outboxed her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back