Facebook (1 Viewer)

Friend requests from complete strangers ..I accidentally accepted one and then had to undo. feels bad

Its strictly for keeping in touch with friends .. mainly about deaths these days tbh

There is a friend of a friend, with a very Irish name arguing with an Indian person who studied Sanskrit about what the true meaning of "Karma" is. Irish person is telling Indian person to do their research.

Getting dragged back into this yoke

Most of my running groups organise on FB and I wish it were other than this

But what can you do?
Everything comes with a cost, I suppose.

It really seems to think that I want to watch Graham Norton interviewing people, and oddly Rhod Ghilbert doing standup comedy. I mean that's cool and all, but I'm sure there's other stuff amongst it's billion+ users. Oh that and the misery parade of folks back home posting pictures of candles and posting about dead people.

For a company that wants All Of Your Data, they're pretty shit at it. For a while I just thought I was boring but no, they're shit.

Getting dragged back into this yoke

Most of my running groups organise on FB and I wish it were other than this

But what can you do?
Everything comes with a cost, I suppose.

There was a chrome macro thing about years ago that would go into your account and unfollow and unlike pretty much everything.
IF you can find it, run it.
The you decide the ten family / mates or so you actually want to follow + running groups etc and refollow them. It turns it into much different website fast enough

There was a chrome macro thing about years ago that would go into your account and unfollow and unlike pretty much everything.
IF you can find it, run it.
The you decide the ten family / mates or so you actually want to follow + running groups etc and refollow them. It turns it into much different website fast enough
Thanks, man

I deleted my old FB like years ago
The current one I have I made for logging in to get wifi while travel (lots of bars and restaurants made you 'like' their page before giving you wifi)
So I have about 6 friends and about 30 bars on there, and I'm in about 3 running groups
But the goddamn friend requests don't stop

Luckily I am getting emails for important stuff, but still missing updates and whatnot for the group meetups

As problems go, it's very low level

Has FB changed something recently?

I just had a look at it and there was literally not one post from an actual human after two minutes of scrolling. It's true I don't hang out with certain people now who used to post a lot.

I don't like it of course, but it was useful, once you wade through the bullshit, for local news and news back home, from people I actually know. Now it's all clickbait for stuff I once looked at for more than two seconds months ago.

Has FB changed something recently?

I just had a look at it and there was literally not one post from an actual human after two minutes of scrolling. It's true I don't hang out with certain people now who used to post a lot.

I don't like it of course, but it was useful, once you wade through the bullshit, for local news and news back home, from people I actually know. Now it's all clickbait for stuff I once looked at for more than two seconds months ago.
It's completley overloaded with sponsored ads now. Some days are worse than others

I have to go on there for my run groups and it's a fucking shithole of a hellscape
Or vice versa

Either way, everyone should leave

So..who gets that money? Assuming they pay it..which we know they won't.
I was just thinking that

But also, as someone said on the radio at the weekend - when you have an organisation with a licence to print money, you don't target the money, you target the licence

That sounds convincing, but I can't figure out what it'd mean in practice. Facebook doesn't really have a licence to print money

They make money from personal data and they are 'shipping' data from EU to US, GDPR stuff allowed europe to scrape 1.2 Billion off them for that craic. That would be my interpretation of going after the licence

I’m only on it so my mother knows I’m alive. A stupid post every once in a while makes her feel better. Also, it’s a good reminder of how I never want to move “home”.
'xactly that.

When the family first met my ex, my sister straight away said "Thanks for putting up pictures on FB, because now we know seanc is still alive"

I did post on it the other night. I thought the photo would be something only work people would understand, but the likes and hearts and stuff also came from all my elderly aunties. And my dad, which was weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back