Facebook (2 Viewers)

big fan of stiff little (fenian) fingers I'd imagine
I'd say he preferred Skrewdriver though!
in 1981 The Specials were good enough to come and play Belfast. Young Adair famously organised a mob of thugs to beat up the kids queuing outside the gig.
The following year the UDA got sick of his anti social antics and made a big mistake. they told Adair his options: join them or get some bullets in his legs.

I spent the night in a Unionist paramilitary lad's house. There was some rope access / cave rescue training thing out in the UK that I somehow got involved in, and we were traveling via Belfast.

It was a sketchy area, Unionist and all that, the lad had the bit of path in front of his house just bombed and there was a new steel door there, with all batons and reinforcements. I just thought that's how shit rolls round here. There was a baseball bat and various weapons of hurt next to the door, but I ignored that too. He was a massive cunt, shaven head, I was thinking the baseball bat would be likely surplus to requirements.

The cans ran out, so I offered to do a run to the off license, only fair like, and your man hard noped, told me I wasn't leaving until the morning, I shouldn't be speaking outside or wandering off, and we all leave together. One lad gave me a leave-it look, and I staaaarted to cotton on a bit. It wasn't until a few days later that I was told he was involved. Genuinely never occurred to me to wonder why his house was bombed.

Bit strange like. I'm from Dublin, technically a catholic, sleeping behind his couch, none of that bothered him.

i decided to download my facebook info last night, pending closing my account. between submitting the request for the info and the file being available for download took six hours. i suspect that's to delay any hasty decisions people might make about grabbing the info and then instantly closing.

Someone, or some algorithm took the time to go through my posts and removed this post from December 2016, thus making the world a better place

facebook.PNG

The "people you may know" thing just showed me Steve Lamacq, the DJ. He's not my favourite DJ. I like the tunes, but the beds irritate me a bit.

Usually it just shows friends of friends, the first time it showed me someone who wasn't family it was a guy I worked with, so I reckon it uses location somehow. I don't think he lives around here but I don't know for sure, I was in the same room as him once, 4 years ago.

I dunno, do you get somewhat famous people as friend suggestions? Thought that was more of an "influencer" type thing, and he ain't a self promoter. It's never happened to me before.

The "people you may know" thing just showed me Steve Lamacq, the DJ. He's not my favourite DJ. I like the tunes, but the beds irritate me a bit.

Usually it just shows friends of friends, the first time it showed me someone who wasn't family it was a guy I worked with, so I reckon it uses location somehow. I don't think he lives around here but I don't know for sure, I was in the same room as him once, 4 years ago.

I dunno, do you get somewhat famous people as friend suggestions? Thought that was more of an "influencer" type thing, and he ain't a self promoter. It's never happened to me before.
I'm "Facebook Friends" with Jim McPherson of the Breeders, the Amps and (briefly) Guided by Voices. He's like a very nice grandfather with a couple of golden retrievers... and then the occasional set of photos of him with Kurt Cobain etc.

I follow a lot of music-related pages, most of them now rendered useless by being automatically muted over copyright infringement issues.
Screenshot_20220924_164505.jpg

I get that artists (and publishers) must protect their royalties, but does someone playing their own fingerstyle arrangements of an old pop song really represent a threat? There are people doing guitar lessons equally affected.

It's shit.

Fuck facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back