Facebook (2 Viewers)

My facebook is literally a couple of posts of my american in-laws talking about their schools, and ads for the graham norton show. Then im caught up. I'l do the same thing tomorrow morning.

Very tempted to delete the FB.
But with friends and fam all over the world it's kind of hard.

Still, it's hard to watch so many people descend into conspiracy theory, racism, general foolishness. The ads are ridiculous too, I thought the point of FB ads was that they'd zero right in on you personally. I'm not going to buy a Lexus, FB!

Also, I don't want to offend Tucker Budzyn.

A regular enough conversation from a few years ago

Person I've not seen in a while -"Are you on facebook"

ME- "No,but I've had the same email address for about 20 years,and phone number for nearly the same"

They’ll still be available by phone and email. Reject the fallacy that it’s the only way to keep in touch with people who move away.

I understand that, but they don't. We all like seeing the updates, with photo's of kids, pets, new jobs, new homes or whatever else, to which we can respond to with an emoji, or whatever. Making the effort of a phone call? Even my parents find that passé nowadays.

I understand that, but they don't. We all like seeing the updates, with photo's of kids, pets, new jobs, new homes or whatever else, to which we can respond to with an emoji, or whatever. Making the effort of a phone call? Even my parents find that passé nowadays.

I'm off Facebook but my Mam's still on it and she likes the fact that there's someone she can tell all the Facebook gossip to that hasn't actually heard it. She filters all the conspiracy theory and alt-right stuff. I hear about that from me da.

Just got a friend request from my old parish priest. I don't fully understand why that makes my skin crawl, but it does.

Well, I know him, and nothing like that has ever been suggested afaik.

I do try to be civil, support the local community in whatever little way I can etc.

I thought I was a well adjusted adult. I've spent more than half my life away from there, but it seems I am still a recovering catholic.

Friend posted photos of themselves at a water resort (they live far away). Happily I didn't mistakenly click like on any cleavage pics. That's a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back