Facebook (2 Viewers)

I've never been able to find an option to do that.
On my Android phone – yours may be different – if you hold down on the app and drag it off the screen, you should get the option to either just remove the app from the home screen, or uninstall completely, depending on where you drag it.

Uninstalling Facebook be like

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I binned the facebook app and their messenger app off my phone a couple of years back. Great stuff, didn't really miss it. Browse facebook sometimes on the browser on the phone.

I also changed my browser recently to Firefox on my computer and started using the Facebook Container plugin. Which chokes a lot of the data Facebook trawls back from my day to day browsing.

It must be doing something right. Targeted ads in my facebook are now based on my conversations with my wife in Whatsapp.

Which leads me to...........Of fucking course they are trawling Whatsapp too, why else did they pay whatever gazillion they did for it

Anyone trying out WT Social? Jimmy Wikipedia's FB/Twitter competitor that claims to never sell your data?

What do people think of it/him?

I'm tempted. Want to dump FB but unwilling to go completely social media cold turkey ....

Anyone trying out WT Social? Jimmy Wikipedia's FB/Twitter competitor that claims to never sell your data?

What do people think of it/him?

I'm tempted. Want to dump FB but unwilling to go completely social media cold turkey ....
looks alright. I never heard of it, i'll be your friend on there.

I know Jimmy Wales had some weird thing earlier this year where he compared ending private schooling to the holocaust but whatever, he's a tech guy so he's probably just being a libertarian.

He seems to be your standard "Corbyn is in the IRA, who were the bad guys fighting against the good guys in the British army" Lib Dems supporter on Twitter. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back