Facebook (1 Viewer)

well this is... less than useless, considering it's the result of a request submitted via their "i don't have a facebook account" option

Hi,

We received your request for information about your personal data. This email is our response to your request.

Please read through the following information to learn about the types of personal data that Facebook processes and how you can access your personal data.

We also encourage you to view our "Data Policy" (Data Policy), which provides a description of the:

• Categories of data processed by Facebook
• Personal data that Facebook receives from Facebook users
• Purpose(s) of processing such data
• Source(s) of the data, if known
• Recipients or categories of recipients to whom Facebook users' personal data may be disclosed

You can use our self-service tool to access your data any time, free of charge. To access the self-service tool:

1. Click the arrow at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
2. Click Download a copy of your Facebook data below your General Account Settings
3. Click Start My Archive

Note: We have several measures in place to ensure the security of your information, and will require you to confirm your identity to complete the process and access your account information.

Your downloaded file may contain sensitive information. You should keep it secure and take precautions when storing, sending or uploading it to any other services.

Most of your data is also available to you simply by logging into your account. For example, your Timeline contains posts you have shared on Facebook, along with comments and other interactions with people. Additionally, you can find your message and chat conversations by going to your inbox, or photos and videos that you have added or been tagged in by going to those sections of your Timeline.

Within your account, your activity log is a history of your activity on Facebook, from posts you have commented on or liked, to apps you have used, to anything you have searched for.

While logged in, you can correct, change or delete your information. For help logging in to your account, please visit our Login and Password help page:

Login Basics | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Thank you for contacting Facebook,

apparently jiffy lube is one of the companies that have my details from that thing as well as my make up brush set, original free ship deals, boardwalk buy electronics, proud mary (was that the gay bar in arrested developement?), brave new look, ruoff home mortgage music centre, mexican summer and calpurnia. what the **** have i been doing that those have my details among others?

the jiffy lube one just has the simpsons quote running through my head now

destinations i'[ve shown an interest in going to according to facebook is silicon valley and atlanta and my sporting interest is westmeath gaa, in fitness and wellness category, my interest for ad purposes is female,

Last edited:
well this is... less than useless, considering it's the result of a request submitted via their "i don't have a facebook account" option

Hi,

We received your request for information about your personal data. This email is our response to your request.

Please read through the following information to learn about the types of personal data that Facebook processes and how you can access your personal data.

We also encourage you to view our "Data Policy" (Data Policy), which provides a description of the:

• Categories of data processed by Facebook
• Personal data that Facebook receives from Facebook users
• Purpose(s) of processing such data
• Source(s) of the data, if known
• Recipients or categories of recipients to whom Facebook users' personal data may be disclosed

You can use our self-service tool to access your data any time, free of charge. To access the self-service tool:

1. Click the arrow at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
2. Click Download a copy of your Facebook data below your General Account Settings
3. Click Start My Archive

Note: We have several measures in place to ensure the security of your information, and will require you to confirm your identity to complete the process and access your account information.

Your downloaded file may contain sensitive information. You should keep it secure and take precautions when storing, sending or uploading it to any other services.

Most of your data is also available to you simply by logging into your account. For example, your Timeline contains posts you have shared on Facebook, along with comments and other interactions with people. Additionally, you can find your message and chat conversations by going to your inbox, or photos and videos that you have added or been tagged in by going to those sections of your Timeline.

Within your account, your activity log is a history of your activity on Facebook, from posts you have commented on or liked, to apps you have used, to anything you have searched for.

While logged in, you can correct, change or delete your information. For help logging in to your account, please visit our Login and Password help page:

Login Basics | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Thank you for contacting Facebook,

so i actually followed this up

>On Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21:00,
>Hi,
>I don't have a facebook account. I asked for a copy of any and all data you
>have on file relating my email address, XXXXXXXXXXXX via this page
> where I:
> - clicked "file a request"
> - ticked "This doesn't answer my question "
> - ticked "i don't have a facebook account"
> - filled in the form
>
>Telling me to log in to a facebook account I don't have does not answer
>this request. As requested, please forward a copy of any and all data you
>have on file associated with email address, XXXXXXXXX
>thanks in advance
>

and got a reply today

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

Unfortunately based on the information that you have provided to us we were unable to locate any personal data processed about you by Facebook, other than in connection with this request. Should you wish to provide us with further details regarding a particular concern, we would be very happy to investigate further.

We do hope that this resolves this matter, but please do let us know should you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Giulianno
Privacy Operations
Facebook

giphy.gif

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

Unfortunately based on the information that you have provided to us we were unable to locate any personal data processed about you by Facebook, other than in connection with this request. Should you wish to provide us with further details regarding a particular concern, we would be very happy to investigate further.

We do hope that this resolves this matter, but please do let us know should you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Giulianno
Privacy Operations
Facebook

giphy.gif

in all honesty, i'd imagine this is true. The UNNAMED internet financial institution I used to work for had bits that were very much held together by sellotape. Even when there were big court cases and the like there'd be months of "does anyone have any idea how we're going to extract the data we need because no one ever thought of building a feature like that and the programmer left 10 years ago without leaving a manual" meetings.

You'd be better off contacting the CIA directly who probably have a better system in place (although possibly that's just what they want you to think)

in all honesty, i'd imagine this is true. The UNNAMED internet financial institution I used to work for had bits that were very much held together by sellotape. Even when there were big court cases and the like there'd be months of "does anyone have any idea how we're going to extract the data we need because no one ever thought of building a feature like that and the programmer left 10 years ago without leaving a manual" meetings.

You'd be better off contacting the CIA directly who probably have a better system in place (although possibly that's just what they want you to think)
I can believe that, but if they expect people to believe that in an entity that depends on people uploading their entire contact lists I dont have a single friend with my email address saved...?

Oh.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wise words from our very own silicon valley mogul*

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I see he's got a new hat as well.

*although those lads in Stripe

The researchers also found that if User A, whom we’ll call Anna, shares her contacts with Facebook, including a previously unknown phone number for User B, whom we’ll call Ben, advertisers will be able to target Ben with an ad using that phone number, which I call “shadow contact information,” about a month later. Ben can’t access his shadow contact information, because that would violate Anna’s privacy, according to Facebook, so he can’t see it or delete it, and he can’t keep advertisers from using it either.

https://gizmodo.com/facebook-is-giving-advertisers-access-to-your-shadow-co-1828476051

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back