7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
I've never been able to find an option to do that.
On my Android phone – yours may be different – if you hold down on the app and drag it off the screen, you should get the option to either just remove the app from the home screen, or uninstall completely, depending on where you drag it.

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Tried that on a few phones. No option.

Its preinstalled,I can disable it,but it's still on the phone. I just want the satisfaction of winning it.

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
I got a tour of the Facebook offices in Dublin earlier. Utterly banana's, every device possible to cosset the workforce, drum kits, art teachers, games, ice cream etc.

I didn't want to leave....

error type 11

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.fnarr.net
So I binned the facebook app and their messenger app off my phone a couple of years back. Great stuff, didn't really miss it. Browse facebook sometimes on the browser on the phone.

I also changed my browser recently to Firefox on my computer and started using the Facebook Container plugin. Which chokes a lot of the data Facebook trawls back from my day to day browsing.

It must be doing something right. Targeted ads in my facebook are now based on my conversations with my wife in Whatsapp.

Which leads me to...........Of fucking course they are trawling Whatsapp too, why else did they pay whatever gazillion they did for it

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Since 2000
Threads
Anyone trying out WT Social? Jimmy Wikipedia's FB/Twitter competitor that claims to never sell your data?

What do people think of it/him?

I'm tempted. Want to dump FB but unwilling to go completely social media cold turkey ....

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Anyone trying out WT Social? Jimmy Wikipedia's FB/Twitter competitor that claims to never sell your data?

What do people think of it/him?

I'm tempted. Want to dump FB but unwilling to go completely social media cold turkey ....
looks alright. I never heard of it, i'll be your friend on there.

I know Jimmy Wales had some weird thing earlier this year where he compared ending private schooling to the holocaust but whatever, he's a tech guy so he's probably just being a libertarian.

He seems to be your standard "Corbyn is in the IRA, who were the bad guys fighting against the good guys in the British army" Lib Dems supporter on Twitter. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• White Light / White Heat
    The Gift
    The Velvet Underground
    White Light / White Heat
  • Melodrama
    Hard Feelings/Loveless
    Lorde
    Melodrama
  • The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads