facebook ate my brain (1 Viewer)

Facebook is litearlly a calendar for me.

you can add your Facebook events feed to google calendar so they just appear on your calendar app or whatever

I haven’t had an official one in years but I have a stealth one for an aluminium neck guitar group, a noise rock group and a few classic Mercedes groups.
That’s it though
Liberating.

you can add your Facebook events feed to google calendar so they just appear on your calendar app or whatever

I haven’t had an official one in years but I have a stealth one for an aluminium neck guitar group, a noise rock group and a few classic Mercedes groups.
That’s it though
Liberating.

yeah I should have been clearer on what I meant - its the way I see whats on in Dublin, gigs, etc.

I keep a bogey FB account with no friends on a trash yahoo email account

I just use it for logging into wifi in pubs and restos when travelling

So I guess I am on there, even if I'm not

Fucking bonkers how it knows all my friends and extended circle though
It has suggested everyone I've ever known to me

I keep a bogey FB account with no friends on a trash yahoo email account

I just use it for logging into wifi in pubs and restos when travelling

So I guess I am on there, even if I'm not

Fucking bonkers how it knows all my friends and extended circle though
It has suggested everyone I've ever known to me
Did you give it your phone number?

Did you give it your phone number?
I don't think so. Not 100% sure. But I think I went in as bare bones as you're allowed to while still having the account.

But I use it from my phone, so there is that

But it's also suggesting people to me that are not in my contacts - like people I went to school with that I don't know anymore

I have an account I made years ago for backgammon, I go through phases of playing it still but I still have the account mainly for the random pakistani and kurdish 'friends' I made. I have a few on instagram too, sometimes they (the kurdish lads) post videos of themselves singing on beautiful mountainsides

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think a couple of them have blocked me. arseholes

I have one too as the child is in scouts so they post stuff on it for parents. Other than that I wouldn't bother. I deleted my main account well over a year ago. I just kept getting triggered by other people's post and all the bragging that goes on.
Exactly
It's a shitshow of pleading vanity - tell me I matter, pleeaaase.

You tell people you've quit and they're all like "I couldn't do that, it's the only way I can keep in touch with my cousins" or somesuch bullshit, when it's really that they can't get off the heroin of people liking their dumb city break photos.

I have one too as the child is in scouts so they post stuff on it for parents. Other than that I wouldn't bother. I deleted my main account well over a year ago. I just kept getting triggered by other people's post and all the bragging that goes on.
A few days ago, I had to explain to a man in his 40s that the shit he sees on Facebook isn’t t real.
Those happy smiling families don’t exist and the perfect couples are the social media equivalent of John and Mary in Fr Ted.
He genuinely did not get that, was the first time hearing it and thought that’s how life is for everyone else.
Fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back