Exit Through The Gift Shop (1 Viewer)

jillface

Website
Visit site
http://www.banksyfilm.com/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Film documenting the works of Banksy and other street artists while also chronicling the life of Theirry Guetta and the conception of Mr. Brainwash.

Although it left me feeling hollow inside, I thought it was really good. It was pretty interesting and some of it was really nicely shot. The approach to the film was pretty smart I thought, with the role reversal and all that. Banksy gave me a few lols as well, he's a good sense of humour that lad. And it was pretty sweet seeing the making of his and Shepard Fairey's pieces. Some of it's great altogeteher.
Yer man Thierry, on the other hand, is mad in the brainbox. I'm not sure how I feel about him or Mr. Brainwash.
I suppose he's harmless enough.

Any thoughts?

Isn't yer man Thierry supposed to be a creation of Bansky though? Why did it leave you feeling hollow? The few reviews I've read of this make me desperate to see it.

Isn't yer man Thierry supposed to be a creation of Bansky though? Why did it leave you feeling hollow? The few reviews I've read of this make me desperate to see it.

Well that's the not impression I got from the film.
It seemed that MBW certainly was 'inspired by' banksy but I don't think he was created by him.
Unless I'm thick and completely missed that.

I felt hollow because I felt that MBW work was made purely to cash in on a street art fad. It's all copycat material too, pretty much mashing together banksy and Andy Warhol. And when I saw that he employed lots of other people to do all the graphic and manual work for him while he had his ego stroked by the media I thought 'fuck this guy'. But like I said, he seems like a harmless enough guy. Definitely some mental instabilities goin on there.

Go see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back