Exclusive Stream of new album from Sí (1 Viewer)

The G-Man

Website
www.thegmanworld.com
Recorded over a two year period in Bunker Hill studios with Fergal Lawler (The Cranberries), The G-Man is very proud to present Great Expectations from Síle Ní Dhubhghaill, aka .

Dark, sepulchral folk that could have been carved from the trunk of an ancient tree, Sí's debut is filled with a tenderness that is not as common as one would like these days. That is not to say the album is all sweetness and light : the brooding piano of the title track 'Great Expectations' and the honest yet defiant lyrics of 'Say' confirm this songstress is not one for sugar-coating.

Some of the lyrics may be dark ("Can you hold me without holding me down because if you do I think I''ll drown you" from 'Song in D') but that is not to say the record ever approaches "gloomy" territory. If anything that has to do with the elegant sounds of Sí's harp which is as dominant (if not more) a sound on the recording as the piano. For me personally, the album reaches a peak when both are used together resulting in my favourite tune : 'I Was Made of Stars'.

Thanks to a very successful www.fundit.ie campaign Great Expectations will receive a physical release at the end of October 2011 which will coincide with a number of live dates confirmed for Cork, Limerick and Wexford (and more to be announced).

Click here to listen to the album in full.

http://simusic1.bandcamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back