Eurovision 2023 - Public Image Ltd. to represent Ireland? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3
On the one hand, I don't think this is a great song. On the other, it's the fucking Eurovision.

I thought Lydon's craic was "oh you think you like me? Well you don't, watch this." And then he pulls some cunty move that's aimed at offending people exactly like he imagines you are like.

So he's pretending to be this "fuck your opinions, I don't GAF about you." while carefully studying people and deeply giving a fuck about them which he proves by doing things that he imagines they won't like. Like, he's a showman through and through, closer to a Bruce Forsythe or an archetypal BBC celeb than anything.

The racism stuff is a bit hard to swallow. I'd have expected he'd have known better given the shite he allegedly got for being Irish derivation in the UK in the 70s. But I think he reaches into himself to play this "most offensive character EVER" thing so hard he forgets there's fucking rules to this game like.

On the one hand, I don't think this is a great song. On the other, it's the fucking Eurovision.

I thought Lydon's craic was "oh you think you like me? Well you don't, watch this." And then he pulls some cunty move that's aimed at offending people exactly like he imagines you are like.

So he's pretending to be this "fuck your opinions, I don't GAF about you." while carefully studying people and deeply giving a fuck about them which he proves by doing things that he imagines they won't like. Like, he's a showman through and through, closer to a Bruce Forsythe or an archetypal BBC celeb than anything.

The racism stuff is a bit hard to swallow. I'd have expected he'd have known better given the shite he allegedly got for being Irish derivation in the UK in the 70s. But I think he reaches into himself to play this "most offensive character EVER" thing so hard he forgets there's fucking rules to this game like.
You know, i genuinely don't think he gives a fuck. He's a very specific type of antagonistic person we've all met a hundred times, always angling for weakness just so he can hurt you, presumably to hide his own insecurities, but he doesn't actually care what you think, he's just trying to avoid pain. He has his mates already and you're not one of them.

He's never been there to be a wise older brother, or a well informed theorist mapping out a path, he's a horrible, contradictory, spiteful prick who made music people relate to because he's not alone in feeling this way.

Merits of the guys aside, it's a little embarrassing that as a nation/culture, we are this easy to hack by some literal Johnny come lately

I still love Michael Jackson.

This lad has far to go before I'll write him off
Ah for fuck sake. the evidence of abuse is pretty clear, but he paid his way out of it going to trial. It’s one thing to like someone’s music, but another to like the man because of the music.
He's never been there to be a wise older brother, or a well informed theorist mapping out a path, he's a horrible, contradictory, spiteful prick who made music people relate to because he's not alone in feeling this way.
All of the above and what others said, but then again read what he says about being a full-time carer for his wife and his unwavering commitment to her. Say what you like, but it’s not the talk of a total prick.

I think we should go with the song.

Mind you I haven't watched Eurovision in a decade so what do I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back