Euros (1 Viewer)

I have tickets for Italy and Croatia, and I'm not going to either. Spain tickets are thin on the ground. The Portal has me cracked, as has having to interact with lads on Boards.

Christ that does sound awful.

After hearing from some people and of their experiences on the portal I'm now convinced that I was really lucky, took me about 6 days of regularly checking the site to get tickets for the games.

Yeh, I was a late starter tbh, but got the tickets pretty handy after persevering. Only got them to use as swaps but now it seems most people have those tickets and are angling for Spain ones...

Yeh, I was a late starter tbh, but got the tickets pretty handy after persevering. Only got them to use as swaps but now it seems most people have those tickets and are angling for Spain ones...

I got mine through the FAI, but watch the portal closely in the coming weeks as I reckon the Spanish fans won't travel in numbers to Gdansk and there'll be an offloading by UEFA on the portal.

I got mine through the FAI, but watch the portal closely in the coming weeks as I reckon the Spanish fans won't travel in numbers to Gdansk and there'll be an offloading by UEFA on the portal.

Yeh, I'm on it whenever possible and have alerts set up etc. Hopefully folks will be dumping unwanted tickets closer to when it's due to close on April 10th. Feel a bit of a fraud with the other tickets but can't get to Poznan. Should be handy to get rid of them tho. As long as I don't end up paying 250+ for a Cat 3 ticket on Vivagogo or some other bollocks...

a guy I used to work with in Dublin is looking for tickets for all the Ireland games. Think his girlfriend bought him flights as a present or something! If any of you are trying to offload some or know of someone with spares then I can put you in touch.

Looks like Woy for England. Can't see this ending in anything but tears. Roll on the traditional championship meltdown for the lionhearts.

The switch to 24 teams will dilute it a lot more than multiple host countries.. I actually kind of like the idea of it being spread around Europe, if it's done properly. Have the groups in the 1st round based in one country each, then do the second round (assuming they bring one in) and quarter finals all over the place, then switch to one country for the semis/final. Would be a way for places that would never be able to host the whole tournament (like Ireland) to stage a couple of games. We'd probably end up getting the Scotland v Bosnia group stage match or something equally glamorous though.

That would be pretty cool. The Aviva's gotta be one of the bigger stadiums out there... um...maybe. How many does it hold? 55k?

Tw switch to 24 teams sort of makes this a necessity now, how many countries in Euurope could host a 24 team tournament by themselves? England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia probably. The 16 team cost hosts probably couldn't have pulled 24 off, so in the long run there's going to be bids from 3 host consortiums.

This proposal could work okay-ish if they cluster the groups together in nearish cities. Brussels/Amsterdam Paris for example.

Tw switch to 24 teams sort of makes this a necessity now, how many countries in Euurope could host a 24 team tournament by themselves? England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia probably. The 16 team cost hosts probably couldn't have pulled 24 off, so in the long run there's going to be bids from 3 host consortiums.

This proposal could work okay-ish if they cluster the groups together in nearish cities. Brussels/Amsterdam Paris for example.

Agreed on the first point. I don't think the plan is to cluster in a geographical area though. Certainly wasn't mooted. They have said that the semis and final would be in the same city. It's a little bit of a throwback to the European Nations Cup days in some ways, without the home and away leg element. To be honest, that would be a preferable format to this mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back