European and Local elections 2019 (1 Viewer)

ernesto

lover not a fighter
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
Work colleague is not pleased about referendum reducing the time on divorces.

"You might as well allow murder or bank robberies as the same amount of people are affected"

This was about how we are just "rolling over ourselves to appease minorities" like people getting divorced.
Sounds like an absolute spa

IFF

Supporter
Threads
The obligatory Internet test

Green Party
85%

Labour Party

80%

Solidarity/People Before Profit

65%

Fine Gael

64%

Social Democrats

62%

Sinn Féin

58%

Fianna Fáil

58%

The Workers Party

54%

Direct Democracy Ireland

43%

Renua

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
There are only two real parties FG and FF I don't know the difference between them.

nooleen

bad ape
Supporter
Threads
that 'which party' questionnaire thing says solidarity/PBP 'completely disagree' that 'The legalisation of same sex marriages is a good thing'

that doesn't seem right

ann post

Threads
Well I just had my first tresspasser person canvassing at the door and I asked them straight up about the paris agreement. They didn't know what it was. Not sure if this should be in this thread, hellworld or uninhabitable Ireland. Folded their leaflet with a sharp crease and handed it back to them.

IFF

Supporter
Threads
Researching both fianna fail European candidates in mnw constituency, both Anne rabitte and Brendan Smyth were against repealing the eighth amendment.

Anne rabitte was off my list of preferences because she wants to be an mep for galway.

Anyone wanting to be an mep for Louth is also off my list but as the candidates residing in Louth are renua, direct democracy, that was a given anyway

Renua Michael o'dowd going on about immigration in video for his 20 seconds.

ann post

Threads
My local ward is bleak as fuck for the local elections. I've checked both my 'locals' - I'm not sure if I can understate how important it is for the city level people to get good people in, as we don't have the option of even voting for them out here.

IFF

Supporter
Threads
My local ward is bleak as fuck for the local elections. I've checked both my 'locals' - I'm not sure if I can understate how important it is for the city level people to get good people in, as we don't have the option of even voting for them out here.
Yes, I find the same here with our local candidates for mid-louth

Something indicative, Browsing through the monaghan lists, ballybay constituency has 6 standing for 5 seats so standing you have an 83% chance of election

egg_

Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
There's a lad called Gary Laffan running for Fianna Fail in Wexford town (where my parents live). Has an All-Ireland hurling medal from 1996, and therefore probably will get elected, despite his drink-driving conviction from 2016 (1996 hero pleads guilty to drink driving - WexfordPeople.ie)

My da's excuse for voting for him - "I've known plenty of eejits who've been local councillors, sure it's not too taxing"

IFF

Supporter
Threads
There's a lad called Gary Laffan running for Fianna Fail in Wexford town (where my parents live). Has an All-Ireland hurling medal from 1996, and therefore probably will get elected, despite his drink-driving conviction from 2016 (1996 hero pleads guilty to drink driving - WexfordPeople.ie)

My da's excuse for voting for him - "I've known plenty of eejits who've been local councillors, sure it's not too taxing"
A person told me a bad story he had heard about a politician ending it with "I gave them my no. 1"

Anyway, this guy is running against WiFi

And to bring it up to the minute, this candidate names all the counties in the south very slowly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Nightclubbing (2014 Remaster / Deluxe)
    I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) - 2014 Remaster
    Grace Jones
    Nightclubbing (2014 Remaster / Deluxe)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads