Euro-rocker (+ more) (1 Viewer)

chickenham

Since 2000
I'm DJ-ing at the Shed on Sunday. No English or US music.

16th MARCH 2008@THESHED - EVERYDISCO BUT
17/21 Foley street D1

Doors at 9:30pm
€ 5,00 Donation

ART EXHIBITION
MCBETT
DCD - Dublin Conversation Drawers
"...The theme of the fight with bureaucracy has appeared in all my work along with inquiries into the passage of time. Following from tracts in my last work I also used recycled materials - found objects - obtained from my surroundings in Dublin as a reference to the rapid changes the city has undergone and still undergoes during its passage into the new millennium through a new bureaucracy that is unable to manage, but this time the object is covered with a whitening lair..."

MUSIC DJ
DIARMUID MACDIARMADA + guests
http://www.myspace.com/diarmuidmacdiarmada
www.gopparecords.com
EURODISCO 2008
everything but the USA or UK thing

..and as always, your own food and drink.

Dancing is compulsory*
(*Music may not be danceable in the least)

Enjoy the wind
Let's Join the Disco.

Suggested BOOKING to facilitate the organization:
text messages: 0877954727
email: [email protected]
no replies will be given, but if the place is booked out.

To enter THESHED you must sign in a membership book / mailing list or to have signed in before

Holy Crap!
26 people have looked at this already; if all of them come the place is half-full.... uh oh!
Light touch paper and stand well back, here's the shortlist of artists I'm trying to make a sensible / insensible set out of:

Algarnas Tradgard; Parson Sound; Virgin Prunes; Univers Zero; Cozmic Corridors; Tangerine Dream; Lard Free; Can; Etron Fou Leloublan; Jac Berrocal; Catalogue; My Bloody Valentine; Larsen; Eilert Pilarm; Area; Franco Battiato; Il Balletto di Bronzo; Rollerskate Skinny; Brian Conniffe; Heldon; Legendary pink Dots; Brigitte Fontaine; Ennio Morricone; Annexus Quam; Roger Doyle; Circle; Thin Lizzy; Hirsch Nichts Aufs Sofa; Samla Mammas Manna; Rollers Sparkers; International Harvester; Faust; Anima; Sperrmull; Guru Guru; Brainticket; Ardy – the painter of love; Celtic Frost; The Ex; Pieter Nooten; Supersister; Tor Lundvall; Meshuggah; Plastic People of the Universe; Iva Bittova; Aranos; Artificial Memory Trace; Goblin; Shub Niggurath; Aphrodite’s Child; Harmonia; Cluster; Neu; Amon Duul; Xhol Caravan; Sand; Thirsty Moon; Pan Sonic; Alcatraz; Kraftwerk; Einstuerzende Neubauten

Whatever happens after this is anyone's guess.

On a different topic. Did you ever see someone and you thought it was someone else and you shout something that the other person would have thought was funny but it wasn't them and not only would you have to explain that but you'd probably have to explain why the thing you shouted would have been funny but it's totally transgressive in a highly ironic way and just by looking at them you can tell that the person has brain anaemia but it takes a little while to even come to this conclusion and all the while you've been standing there mouthing your thoughts and the person is looking at security staff and your pants suddenly fall down.

He's a producer-engineer guy from Chicago, used to be in Big Black, produced lots of noteworthy records. You should totally check him out and his new band Shellac.

Best session I've had in a very long time. Whiskey and psychedelic boogie sorted out my flu for the duration, best dancing in a long time, thankfully couldn't play 'interpretive dance' masterpieces like Ruby don't take your love to town, Bat out of hell, or Bohemian rhapsody as I would certainly have died.

Has anyone here heard about The Smiths?

Don't be so funny! THE SMITHS ffs - Manchester, the 'eighties - paisley shirts, Morrissey and Marr, flowers and national health glasses and all those great songs: Vicar in a tutu... and all the rest.

Have you guys even heard about Brendan Kilkenny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back