enabling SQLite for use with PHP (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
hello folx.

I've been working on a small site locally (using MAMP) recently; because the site is
small and there will likely be very, very few concurrent users I've been using sqlite
to provide some database action. sqlite is enabled by default on MAMP so I've been
working away with it thinking that there would be no problems. however... I uploaded
the site to a server over the weekend and sqlite is not enabled there. Nor is it enabed
on WampServer on this machine. the server is a windows machine running php version 5.2.x.

I believe sqlite is bundled by default with php v 5.x but it's not enabled by default... I haven't
had much time since to do a hell of a lot of research, but a very quick look see suggested that
it's probably not very difficult but also not particularly straightforward. I should make the time
to look more closely... in any case I thought I'd ask about it here. maybe someone here has
done this more than once before and can explain it in brief concise terms to a simpleton such
as myself. :) I'm assuming some tinkering with php.ini will be on the cards.

thanks in advance. d

You just need to copy the file php_sqlite.dll to the ext directory of your php installation and add the following line to the php.ini file.
extension=php_sqlite.dll
Apparantly from php 5 onwards the sqlite extension relies on the pdo extension so you need to have this installed too.

http://ie2.php.net/manual/en/sqlite.installation.php

hello folx.

I've been working on a small site locally (using MAMP) recently; because the site is
small and there will likely be very, very few concurrent users I've been using sqlite
to provide some database action. sqlite is enabled by default on MAMP so I've been
working away with it thinking that there would be no problems. however... I uploaded
the site to a server over the weekend and sqlite is not enabled there. Nor is it enabed
on WampServer on this machine. the server is a windows machine running php version 5.2.x.

I believe sqlite is bundled by default with php v 5.x but it's not enabled by default... I haven't
had much time since to do a hell of a lot of research, but a very quick look see suggested that
it's probably not very difficult but also not particularly straightforward. I should make the time
to look more closely... in any case I thought I'd ask about it here. maybe someone here has
done this more than once before and can explain it in brief concise terms to a simpleton such
as myself. :) I'm assuming some tinkering with php.ini will be on the cards.

thanks in advance. d

thanks bladez. just looking at the hosting package here though; it's a very basic looking shared hosting package so I don't think I have any direct access to anything I need to have access to. hmm... no big deal in any case I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back